Afghan aubergines are a flavorful and varied vegetable dish. Rich in vitamins and minerals that are very important for health. In this blog post, we want to share a delicious Afghan eggplant recipe. In Afghan it is called Banyan Borani and is a vegetarian dish on refreshing garlic yoghurt. We exchange exactly this yoghurt, give a vegan alternative and thus have Banjan Borani as a vegan version on the plate.
Try this Afghani Eggplant Recipe – you won’t regret it!
You will love this Afghan Eggplant Recipe! Be sure to try it, you won’t regret it! The aubergines taste wonderfully spicy and are super easy to prepare. The aubergines are stewed in a spicy tomato sauce and are simply delicious. Serve them with rice, roti , or Iranian flatbread . You will not be disappointed! And the best thing is that they are healthy too. So, what are you waiting for? Here we go!
Delicious Afghani Eggplant Recipes for every taste!
Afghan Eggplants – the perfect choice for a healthy meal
You can now enjoy your own banjan borani! This delicious vegetarian dish is quick and easy to prepare. All you need is an eggplant, a handful of tomatoes, onions, yogurt and some spices.
To prepare the banjan borani, you must first slice or dice the eggplant. Then you can fry in a pan. Caramelize the tomatoes with the onions in a second pan. When everything is cooked, you can serve the eggplant and tomatoes in a bowl on top of the garlic-flavored yoghurt.
Now you can enjoy your homemade banjan borani! This dish is simple and delicious – perfect for a quick meal.
if you like these Afghani prepared eggplants, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan chickpea zucchini curry
- grilled zucchini and carrot fritters quick and crispy
- roasted vegetable noodles with cashew pesto
- Vegetable skewers from the oven
- baked kohlrabi with sesame and veto
- healthy vegan quinoa vegetable soup
A delicious dish from Afghanistan: Aubergines “Banyan Borani”
for the aubergines you will need:
for the tomatoes with onions:
Prepare vegetables and prepare yoghurt sauce:
- Wash and slice the eggplant.
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. (de-seed normal tomatoes and roughly chop them)
- Peel onion and cut into strips.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic for the tomatoes.
- Peel and finely grate the garlic for the yoghurt sauce.
- Rinse and roughly chop the cilantro and mint.
- For the sauce, stir the garlic into the yoghurt with half the coriander and the mint. Stir in salt and chilli flakes (to taste). Put aside.
- Mix olive oil with turmeric.
- Heat the pan and spread the aubergines in it. Drizzle oil over and fry the aubergines, tossing occasionally. If the aubergines absorb the oil, that’s no problem, just keep frying.
- When the aubergines are done, put the lid on and set aside.
Fry tomatoes with onions:
- Take a second pan and heat the olive oil.
- Fry the onion until translucent, then add the garlic and sauté briefly. Let caramelize for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and turmeric.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes. The tomato will release water and the mixture will be mushy and the tomatoes will be soft.
- In a small pan or saucepan. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil and stir in the chili powder. Remove from the stove immediately.
Arranging & Serving:
- Spread the yoghurt on slightly deeper plates.
- Arrange the aubergines on top. Spread the onion and tomato mixture over all the aubergines.
- Drizzle over the chilli oil and garnish with the remaining coriander.
- Enjoy your meal!
Pin this delicious summer Afghan eggplant recipe on Pinterest to cook later
You can’t imagine how delicious banyan borani is! This dish from Afghanistan is so delicious and easy to make. I can’t recommend it highly enough!
If you try Banjan Borani you will immediately understand why I am so excited. This dish is just perfect. The flavors of the different ingredients blend perfectly and result in an incredibly delicious dish.
I can’t stress enough how much I love this dish. If you try it too, you will understand.