Vegan bacon is on everyone’s lips now – and with good reason! This incredibly delicious Strawberry Avocado Salad with Vegan Bacon is a deliciously fresh and quick recipe for the perfect summer lunch or light dinner. Strawberries, avocado and lettuce are served with crispy vegan bacon and a sweet and sour balsamic dressing. A heavenly salad for strawberry avocado lovers – simply delicious!
Strawberry-Avocado-Salad: The perfect combination of sweet and savory
You love sweet fruits, but also savory dishes? Then the strawberry and avocado salad is for you! The sweet strawberries and savory avocados harmonize perfectly with each other and ensure an unforgettable taste experience. This salad is perfect for a delicious lunch or dinner.
You may be wondering why our Strawberry Avocado Salad tastes so good. Well, it’s just a perfect combination of sweet and sour, crunchy and creamy. The strawberries provide the sweetness, the avocado the creaminess and the lemon gives the whole dish the necessary acidic kick. Add a pinch of salt to round it all off. Try it – you will be amazed!
Vegan bacon: The perfect topping for the salad
Love the taste of bacon but looking for a healthier alternative? Well I have good news for you! Vegan bacon is not only possible, but it’s also delicious and easy to prepare.
The perfect topping for salads, our homemade vegan bacon cubes are a great alternative to regular bacon. It is rich in flavor and nutrients but contains no animal product. Vegan bacon is a healthy choice for people who choose to eat a plant-based diet.
Vegan bacon can be made from a variety of plant-based sources, including soybeans, tofu, tempeh, and seitan. These ingredients are then seasoned to achieve the distinctive bacon flavor. Vegan bacon is a healthy and delicious choice for those who choose to eat a plant-based diet.
if you like our vegan bacon on the avocado-strawberry-salad, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Avocado Blueberry Salad and Mint Dressing
- stuffed pumpkin with vegan quinoa vegetables
- Beetroot and chickpea salad with zaatar
- Caramelized fennel with sweet onions
- Sweet Potato – Power Food Combination
- Vegan Cauliflower Carrot Tabbouleh
A heavenly salad for strawberry avocado lovers
für den Salat benötigen Sie:
- 500 g strawberries
- 2 avocado
- 250 g baby spinach
- 1 Red onion
für die veganen Speckwürfel:
- 200 g Soy strips Granules or other textured vegetable protein, e.g. from peas, seitan, beans
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce*
- 1½ tablespoon liquid smoke vegan*
- 1 tablespoon date syrup Substitute maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika spice*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder*
- ½ teaspoon onion powder*
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup*
für das ölfreie Balsamico-Dressing:
- 80 g Pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts... or if nut-free, sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Herbs such as parsley, cress, chervil...
Start with the vegan bacon:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all the ingredients except for the vegetable protein. This is best done with a small whisk. In the end, everything should be smooth and completely mixed.
- Only now add the protein and mix until well coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the “bacon pieces” on it.
- Place in the hot oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes. Check from time to time so that the "bacon pieces" do not burn.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the “bacon pieces” to cool for a few minutes. This will make them a little drier and crispy.
- You can store the vegan bacon pieces in a sealable container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Drain the cooked cashew nuts and drain well.
- Place the cashews, half the water and all other ingredients in a high power blender. Blend to combine all ingredients.
- Taste. If the dressing is too thick, gradually add the remaining water until you are satisfied with the consistency.
Prepare the salad:
- Lightly toast the pecans in a dry pan. Set aside to cool.
- Wash strawberries, remove stalks and cut in half. Quarter or slice large specimens.
- Peel the onion and cut into narrow wedges.
- Wash the baby spinach carefully and spin dry.
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone, peel off the peel and cut into cubes or slices.
- Arrange the spinach on plates or a platter.
- Scatter strawberries, avocado and onions on top.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve sprinkled with nuts and vegan bacon.
- Optionally, you can add herbs and cress over it.
Pin this vegan strawberry and avocado salad on Pinterest to cook later
Strawberry Avocado Salad is a delicious and healthy recipe that both kids and adults will love. This salad is easy to prepare and can be served as a main course or as a side dish. Vegan bacon gives the salad a savory flavor while the strawberries and avocados add a sweet and sour component. This salad makes a perfect lunch or dinner meal and is also a healthy recipe for the whole family.