The Apricot Almond Cake is easy to bake, tasty and smells of almonds, just like grandma used to make it. In short, we can relive memories from our childhood with this cake. In grandma’s kitchen it was possible to smell a world full of aromas, so intense, so unique and so magical.
The apricot and almond cake is a juicy and tasty fruit cake that allows you to experience a unique experience with every taste. An intense taste of fresh sun-ripened apricots, a harmonious combination with roasted almonds on a slightly crunchy brown sugar caramelized surface. Inside, the cake is tender and moist like no other – a real treat that will enchant any palate.
The apricot almond cake is baked according to a simple and classic recipe. This involves processing the sugar and egg, then adding the liquid ingredients to finish off with the dry ingredients. To ensure this incredible tenderness, yoghurt (preferably apricot flavored) is also added, which more closely resembles the taste of a fruity dessert. The fresh apricots added to batter make the cake fresh, fruity and delicious. The almond taste is supported by using almond flour and almond slices. The almonds, with which the cake is sprinkled, roast during baking and give the cake an even more special and unique taste.
This recipe for this cake is butterless to retain flavor and authenticity but without weighing it down. However, if you prefer a cake that smells and tastes nice like butter, you can replace the olive oil with about 125g of butter (please process at room temperature).
if you like our apricot almond cake, you might also be interested in these drink recipes:
easy apricot almond cake
- 2 tbsp. Brown sugar
- flaked almonds
- In a bowl in a stand mixer, beat the sugar and eggs until fluffy. Then slowly add the olive oil and reduce the speed of the machine. Now slowly stir in the yoghurt.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Mix the flour and baking powder mixture into the liquid ingredients.
- Finally add the almond flour and vanilla extract.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper and grease.
- Wash, dry, halve and stone the apricots.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and place the halved apricots on top.
- Sprinkle the surface with brown sugar and slivered almonds.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 30-40 minutes.
- After about 30 minutes, check the cake with a wooden skewer and bake the cake for an additional 10 minutes if necessary.
- When the cake is done, turn off the oven, open the door a little and let the cake rest in the oven for 10 minutes. Then take it out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.