This quick and easy avocado toast is topped with soft poached egg. Eggs are the perfect breakfast or lunch when you’re in a hurry. Avocado is the star of this popular and dare I say many people are still obsessed with this trendy breakfast snack.
Avocados are a versatile fruit for slicing, mashing, or stuffing. The creamy and buttery texture makes every meal better. Luxurious taste with many health benefits. Healthy due to the content of mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids, plus antioxidants such as beta-carotene. There are only two essential ingredients to good avocado toast: toasted or toasted bread and sliced or mashed avocados. From here you can make it simple with a few spices or get creative with different toppings.
here are some additional ideas for avocado toast
- simple version, but still tasty: Classically mash avocado, drizzle with good olive oil and serve with fresh parsley
- or the Caprese toast: again mash avocado, topped with halved cocktail tomatoes and baby mozzarella. Fresh basil and some balsamic vinegar. Complete!
- then we have the Mexican version: again mash avocado and topped with pico de gallo.
- you can also slice the avocados and serve them on a bagel or whole wheat bread topped with cream cheese. A mixture of sesame and poppy seeds goes well with it.
- Avocado toast with egg, it doesn’t matter which egg you want to use, whether it’s fluffy scrambled eggs, fried eggs or avocado toast with poached eggs
Another tip on how avocados keep their green color
Once the avocados have been cut, the air will turn the cut surface brown due to oxidation. You can slow down the browning reaction a little by putting some lemon juice or olive oil on the cut surface. One creates a chemical barrier and the other creates a physical barrier to slow down the oxidation process. Unfortunately, this cannot be completely stopped, but a sliced avocado rarely remains on a delicious avocado toast with poached egg. 😉
if you like our avocado toast with poached egg, you may also be interested in these recipes:
- vegan TexMex salad with chipolte dressing
- Sweet potato bowl – power food
- fruity salad with avocado and mango
- Sweet potato salad with hummus and rocket
- Tabbouleh of spelled and burrata
- more breakfast recipes
Avocado toast with poached egg
- cutting board*
- kitchen grater*
- 2 eggs
- 20 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 prize kosher salt*
- Halve and stone the avocado and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Peel the garlic and shallot and grate finely on a kitchen grater.
- Place the avocado, garlic, shallot, and lemon juice in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the salt and white wine vinegar in a saucepan of boiling water.
- Stir the water vigorously with a wooden spoon to form a vortex. Crack an egg into the water in this vortex. (This is easier if you break the egg into a small bowl beforehand and let it slide into the water). As you rotate, the egg white wraps itself around the yolk.
- Depending on how hard you want the yolk to be, let the egg soak in the slightly boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- You can now lift the poached egg out of the water with a slotted spoon and place it on kitchen paper to drain.
- Do the same with the other egg.
Tomato rocket salad:
- While you soak the eggs in the water, wash the tomatoes and rocket.
- Spread on plates or in a bowl. Drizzle with a good olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread and spread thickly with the avocado cream.
- Place the poached egg on the toast and season with some chilli flakes, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Optionally, you can sprinkle fresh cress and/or grated parmesan over it.