Bowls are on everyone’s lips at the moment and rightly so. Because they are not only quick and easy to prepare, but also very healthy. In this blog post I would like to introduce you to a delicious and, above all, very simple recipe for a red baked onion salad on a hummus bowl. This salad is perfect for a quick and healthy lunch or dinner. This dish is healthy, delicious and filling and vegan at the same time. So perfect for a healthy and balanced meal. I hope you enjoy the recipe for the Baked onion salad on a hummus bowl as much as I do!
Baked onion salad on a hummus bowl – a healthy and delicious snack!
First, we need our Spinach-Hummus recipe, which you can find here. This wonderful hummus not only tastes delicious, but is also super easy to prepare. The perfect combination of delicious and uncomplicated! This recipe is quick and easy to make and tastes great! They will love it!
The baked oven onions
You can cook your onions in a variety of ways, but one of the tastiest is to bake them in the oven. To do this, take red onions and brush them in a mixture of garlic, vinegar and oil. Then let them marinate for a while before placing them in a pan and baking in the oven over medium heat. The onions should caramelize, become buttery and brown nicely on the edges. Then remove them from the pan and let them cool slightly before using them further. Enjoy on our salad or as an accompaniment to your favorite dish or as a simple snack between meals.
Baked onion hummus bowl – served on lettuce…
or green whatever you have on hand. Don’t know what lettuce is? Then you are exactly right here! Pickle lettuce or baby leaf mix is usually a mix of small crunchy and healthy lettuce leaves that is perfect for a healthy meal. It’s packed with vitamins and nutrients that keep your body healthy.
What’s mostly inside? Frisée, baby spinach, radicchio, lollo rosso, red chard, sorrel, rocket, lamb’s lettuce, baby chard…
Lettuce is also a great side dish with a meal. You can serve it with your choice of dressing or just enjoy it with some olive oil and vinegar. Lettuce is a healthy everyday snack.
More fresh salad bowls and salads you might love:
- Simple lukewarm potato and bean salad
- Beetroot and herb tabbouleh
- spicy cucumber and radish salad vegan
- vegan quinoa kale salad with lemon dressing
- vegan sweet potato quinoa salad
- Crispy chickpeas from the oven
Baked onion salad with hummus in a bowl
for the baked onions:
- 8-10 Red onions about 2 per person depending on size
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. dark balsamic vinegar* or red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp. native olive oil*
- kosher salt*
- Black pepper* from the mill
- Spinach Hummus >> Recipe link
- colorful lettuce or rocket, lamb's lettuce etc.
- black sesame*
- 1-2 spring onions
- roasted chickpeas >> Recipe link
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel onions and halve crosswise. Cut a little flat at the bottom so they stand up better.
- Place onions in an ovenproof dish (cut side up).
- Peel and finely dice or grate the garlic.
- Mix garlic with sugar, vinegar, olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the onions with the marinade. Set aside the remaining marinade for dressing.
- Bake the onions in the oven for about 50 to 60 minutes. The onions are done when the edges caramelize and the onions are soft.
- Meanwhile, make the spinach hummus. You can find the recipe here .
- Wash the lettuce carefully and spin dry.
- When the onions are done baking, take them out of the oven and let them cool down a bit.
- Spread the hummus in the bowl, arrange the salad around it and top with the baked onions.
- Serve garnished with finely chopped spring onion rings, roasted sesame seeds and crispy chickpeas.
Baked Onion Salad with Hummus – an easy and healthy lunch!
Baked red onion and a fresh, crunchy salad on a base of hummus and lettuce. This is our new favorite recipe for a healthy and quick lunch or dinner. Packed with healthy nutrients and flavor, this salad will fill you up and leave you feeling satisfied without feeling guilty. We love the recipe so much because it’s so easy to make and has so many flavorful ingredients.