Who does not know it? The feeling when you bake in a good-smelling bread and then eat it warm from the oven. It’s an indescribable feeling that you don’t want to miss. In addition, it is also very healthy. But often industrially produced baked goods are bought instead of baking them yourself. It’s more convenient, but there’s another way. Corn flour and spelled flour – these are the main ingredients for our corn spelled bread. The bread not only tastes delicious, but is also extremely healthy. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and trace elements. In addition, spelled is particularly good for digestion. The bread can be baked with fresh yeast or dry yeast. Today we will show you how you can easily bake our corn and spelled bread yourself.
Homemade bread always tastes delicious and the best thing about it is: “you know what’s in it”.
This corn and spelled bread is a delicious breakfast bread or can be served as an accompaniment to salads or soups . The bread is very juicy and tastes delicious, especially when served warm. Like all other bread recipes with yeast dough, it takes some time to prepare because the dough has to rise. The dough is quite soft, but that shouldn’t bother you, since the bread is baked in the tin anyway. In the end it is super juicy and stays fresh for a long time.
The preparation is very simple: you only need the two flours, water, salt and some yeast. Additional spices, like coriander, which I used, are optional and a matter of taste. Mix everything together and work into a smooth dough. Then let the dough rise in a warm place for about half an hour.
Now you can shape the dough into a loaf. Place the loaf in a greased or baking paper-lined baking pan and let it rise again for about 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 degrees top/bottom heat. Bake the bread in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.
Similar recipes to our quickly prepared corn and spelled bread:
- Sourdough bread with flaxseed
- another juicy wholemeal bread
- vegan spelled rolls
- Buckwheat bread with sunflower seeds
- Bake Manakesh flatbread yourself
- simplest wholemeal bread to bake yourself
- more bread and roll recipes
Bake corn and spelled bread yourself
- Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water with maple syrup and let it rest until it becomes active.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add yeast water and olive oil to the dry ingredients. Knead everything into a smooth dough for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let it rise for about 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- After this time, knead the dough again briefly and put it in a loaf pan. Let rise again for about 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, brush the dough with a little water and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 40 minutes.
- Take out and let cool.
Pin this recipe for homemade corn and spelled bread on Pinterest and bake later
As you can see, baking bread at home is not that difficult! To bake bread yourself you only have to pay attention to a few things, then nothing can go wrong.…