Basil Lemon Lemonade was my favorite drink this summer. All you need are 3 ingredients to make this refreshing summer drink. Check out my recipe for this easy Basil Lemonade! The fresh herb gives the lemonade a pleasant aftertaste without being overpowering or overpowering. I love this refreshing drink, perfect for a warm summer day when you need an ice cold citrus kick or to shine at any summer party!
Why should you add basil to your lemonade? Mainly because it tastes incredibly good.
However, basil also has some potential health benefits:
- It can help with memory loss caused by stress.
- Basil is known to be relaxing, uplifting and antidepressant.
- According to studies, basil can help balance blood sugar.
- Basil reduces inflammation and joint pain.
- Contained antioxidants also ensure effective protection against inflammation.
When you combine fresh basil with lemon, it’s a combination from flavor heaven.
But lemon also has some other important properties:
- Lemons are high in vitamin C, which may lower the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- The flavonoids found in lemons may also have a positive impact on insulin resistance and obesity.
- The plant compounds found in lemons can help lower cholesterol levels.
- Studies have shown that lemon can help you lose weight and prevent weight gain.
- Drinking lemon juice or lemon water can help improve iron absorption and prevent anemia.
Remember, drinking these homemade sodas will also help you stay hydrated! Enjoy the basil and lemon lemonade.
more homemade lemonade? Then check out these lemonade recipes!
- fruity elderberry lemonade
- Matcha lemonade with basil
- Best drink with lemons, oranges and lime
- refreshing rhubarb rosemary lemonade
- ayurvedic ginger basil lemonade
- even more soda recipes
homemade basil lemonade
- Cooking pot*
- citrus press*
For the lemonade syrup:
- 130 G sugar
- 130 ml water
- 1 Pot basil
- 200 ml lemon juice about 6-7 lemons
Serving & Garnish:
- carbonated mineral water cold, about 1.2 liters depending on taste
- lemon slices
- sprigs of basil
- ice cubes
- Put the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. The sugar must completely dissolve. This should result in about 200 ml of sugar syrup. Take the pot off the heat.130 G sugar, 130 ml water
- Meanwhile, trim, rinse and finely chop the basil. For best results, grind the basil in a mortar and pestle.1 Pot basil
- Put the basil in the hot sugar syrup and let it steep for at least half an hour.
- Squeeze 200 ml juice from fresh lemons. 6 to 7 lemons should be enough for this.200 ml lemon juice
- Strain the syrup through a fine sieve and squeeze out the basil and discard. Chill to cool.
- Mix the sugar syrup, which is now flavored with basil, with the lemon juice. You can fill the syrup into tightly sealed bottles and store in the refrigerator for 5 to 6 days for later use. Probably longer, but nobody resists us for that long 😉
- Pour the syrup about 1:6 with ice-cold sparkling mineral water. Mix to your own taste.carbonated mineral water
- Of course, the soda tastes best on ice in summer, garnished with a sprig of fresh basil and a slice of lemon.sprigs of basil, ice cubes, lemon slices