Beet Beauty The Beetroot Salad – Packed with anti-aging antioxidants, collagen-boosting vitamins and healthy fats, this salad is wonderful for the skin, in every way. Here, marinated beets are tossed in simply cooked quinoa. A lovely way to add vibrant, rich color and blood-building nutrients to cooked grains. This great healthy lunchtime salad is topped with feta crumbs*, a roasted garlic and chili mix, and beet greens before serving. This quinoa salad, with its vibrant red color, is a great idea for your lunch box or a light flavorful meal.
What makes this beetroot quinoa salad so great?
Yes, it’s a fantastically bright color, but that’s not what makes this salad such a star. He is:
- it’s easy to do, anyone can do it
- easy to transport (ideal for the lunch break in the office or for a picnic)
- Adaptable – just add protein such as chickpeas for a richer meal
- good to vary – try carrots, sweet potatoes, other root vegetables, spinach, edamame, avocado, fresh herbs like dill, mint, cilantro and parsley, or grate in the beets raw
- vegetarian, vegan (if you don’t use feta) and gluten free with lots of great ingredients that are good for you
if you like our beetroot salad with quinoa, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan summer salad with quinoa
- easy quinoa cabbage salad
- vegan power salad with quinoa
- Quinoa barley salad with dates vegan
- Vegan pasta salad with spring asparagus
- Melon and cucumber salad with shiso cress
Beet beauty the beetroot salad
for the beetroot with quinoa:
for the salad:
- feta cheese
- feto* for vegans
- Herbs parsley, dill, chives….
- Place the beets in a medium saucepan and add enough water to cover them well. Over high heat, bring everything to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 40 to 45 minutes, or until beets are tender.500 G Beetroot
- You can test whether the beetroot is done with a fork, toothpick or knife tip. It should slide in easily.
- When the beets are done, drain and peel off the skin under cold, running water.
- Cut the beetroot (except for one) into small cubes. Halve one beet and cut narrow segments for decoration on the finished salad.
- Place beets in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, syrup and salt. Mix gently and set aside.500 G Beetroot, 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar*, 1 tbsp. dark balsamic vinegar*, 2 tbsp. agave syrup*, 2 tbsp. native olive oil*
- Place the cooked and cooled quinoa in a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add marinated beets and mix until well combined.600 G white quinoa*
- Peel the shallots and cut into 3 to 4 mm thick slices.4 shallots
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sauté the shallots with a pinch of salt until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the pan and mix into the beet quinoa.2 tbsp. native olive oil*
- Season the quinoa with salt.¾ tsp Sea-salt*
Prepare salad ingredients:
- Peel and finely chop the garlic. Cut the chili into fine rings (remove the seeds to make it milder).2 red chili pepper, 4 clove of garlic
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chillies and garlic with a pinch of salt. Sauté for 2 minutes until garlic is golden brown and starting to become fragrant. Remove mixture from heat and transfer to a small bowl to cool. Put aside.
- Lightly toast the cashew and pumpkin seeds in a hot pan without adding fat.80 G Cashews*, 50 G pumpkin seeds*
- Wash and halve blackberries.125 G blackberries
- Wash baby chard carefully and spin dry.red baby chard
Arranging and serving:
- Spread some baby chard on the plate or platter.
- Spread beetroot quinoa on top and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and cashews.
- Arrange the blackberries and beetroot wedges on the salad.
- Just before serving, crumble the feta or, for a vegan version, feto over the salad.
- Drizzle with the chili-garlic mixture and serve with fresh herbs.