Aunt Chloe’s homemade is the best summer lemonade for hot days
This easy thirst quenching lemonade is the best drink with lemon, orange and lime and refreshing drink on a hot summer day. Made from fresh lemons, limes and oranges.
Lemonade: sugar, water, lemon juice. just right?
Well not quite, because the problem is that when you stir everything together, the sugar always sinks to the bottom. The best way to make homemade lemonade is to first make a simple syrup or lemonade concentrate in which you can completely dissolve the sugar and then just top it up with cold sparkling mineral water.
The proportions will vary depending on how sweet and strong you like your lemonade and how sour your lemons are. Late season lemons are less acidic than early season lemons.
So first, make a simple Lomo concentrate. You combine the juices of the freshly squeezed citrus fruits, playing with the acidity of the sour fruits and the amount of sugar (or honey, maple syrup, etc…) until you find your taste. Then add water and ice to thin the lemonade to your liking.
You can also easily prepare lemonade syrup or concentrates and refrigerate or even freeze them for later use. For example, if you have extra lemons or limes, you can juice them and freeze the juice.
You can serve lemonade with ice and slices of lemon.
if you like our best summer lemonade for hot days, you might also be interested in these recipes:
- homemade blueberry lemonade
- Ayurvedic ginger basil lemonade
- Watermelon lemonade without sugar
- quick white bean salad
Aunt Chloe’s best summer lemonade for hot days
- 5 limes
- 5 oranges
- 5 Lemons
- 150-200 G sugar or honey, agave syrup
- 3 L carbonated mineral water
- Mint, lemon balm, thyme…
- Squeeze the juice from each of 4 lemons, 4 limes and 4 oranges.
- Thinly slice the remaining fruit and set aside for garnish.
- Add sugar to the freshly squeezed juice. As much as you like (lemonade should always taste a little sour so that it is refreshing). Stir well and store in the fridge.
- Top up with cold mineral water (I find a mixing ratio of 1 part citrus mix and 2 parts mineral water the best).
- Serve with citrus slices over ice.