Sweet and Juicy Boiled Sweetcorn with Butter is a delicious, sweet, and healthy vegetable that’s perfect for a variety of dishes. It’s easy to prepare and can be served in a variety of ways. In this article, we’re going to look at how to make plain buttered corn.
Corn is one of the most popular foods in the world. Millions of tons of corn are grown and eaten every year. But corn is not only delicious, it is also very healthy. Sweetcorn, for example, contains many important vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in fiber and has a very high nutritional value. In this blog post we want to look at some healthy and tasty recipes using boiled candy corn.
Boiled candy corn with butter is so easy to make
I love this recipe because it’s so easy and makes the tastiest, sweetest, and juiciest corn on the cob. The recipe is really so simple that there are no tips or even tricks to make it a success. Suffice it to say, “The fresher your corn, the better this dish will be”!
Serving suggestions for boiled corn on the cob
I love the easiest way to enjoy the corn. And that’s just with butter, salt and pepper! Of course there are many more possibilities.
Here are a few ideas and serving suggestions:
- Use vegan butter instead of regular butter and the corn on the cob is a vegan side dish!
- Serve the cooked corn with various sauces or dips.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs, basil, chives or coriander.
- If you like it spicier, season with smoked paprika powder and the savory among you add chili for dusting.
- You can use cooked corn on the cob in salad bowls, such as our burrito bowl , vegan summer salad with quinoa , or in the cherry salsa on the baked sweet potatoes .
Round off a dinner or barbecue with this delicious side dish, which children especially love.
if you like our vegan sweet corn with butter, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- baked sweet potatoes with cherry salsa
- Roasted beets and beets on creamy polenta
- vegan summer salad with golden quinoa
- roasted cauliflower on vegan mashed potatoes
- Creamy cashew and broccoli soup with corn topping
- delicious cauliflower steaks from the oven with coriander pesto
Sweet and juicy cooked candy corn with vegan butter
- 4 corn cobs fresh
- 1 tbsp. sugar optional
- Butter vegan or butter
- kosher salt*
- Black pepper* from the mill
- From the fresh sweetcorn, remove the husks and strings.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. DO NOT add salt or the grains will remain hard. If you want to boost the flavor of the corn a little, add a tablespoon of sugar to the cooking water.
- When the water boils, add the cobs and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. You can check this with a toothpick or shashlik skewer.
- Lift the corn on the cob out of the water, drain a little and serve warm with butter, salt and pepper.