Bowls have been a very popular and hot topic for some time, which is why I have this vegan one-bowl meal again. Broccoli Chickpea Pesto Bowl, is a filled with plant-based protein, steamed veggies, and a delicious basil-pecan pesto. Not only ideal for adults and children (once again tested on our own child).
Pure mid-life easy and delicious with baked chickpeas…
I roasted the chickpeas until they were crispy. They are roasted nicely with some olive oil and a sprinkling of turmeric. At the same time, I blanch the broccoli florets and edamame so that everything is heated through at the same time. If you want, I have a suggestion for improvement that comes to mind as I’m writing this. Place the broccoli florets, lightly oiled and salted, on the baking sheet with the chickpeas. You can also add quinoa, bulgur, tofu, tempeh, and other veggies.
This broccoli chickpea pesto bowl recipe is completely gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan, plus it’s so easy to make, dinner can be ready in about 30 minutes. Who couldn’t use a super good dinner in their life faster and easier, right?!
Basil Pecan Pesto
I love pecans and they make this basil pesto which is very flavorful. Maybe they are also the reason why this pesto tastes so good. The consistency of the pecans is a bit softer than their brothers and they just taste great, less dominant and much milder. You can also use the pesto wonderfully with pasta or as a spread.
I like to serve it with grilled vegetables from the oven or directly from the grill. Simple, quick and delicious.
If you like our broccoli and chickpea pesto bowl, you may also be enthusiastic about these recipes:
- Fall salad with quinoa and seasonal vegetables
- Beetroot chickpea salad with zaatar
- vegan ayurvedic chickpea cabbage curry
- Chickpea Zucchini Curry
- vegan avocado chickpea sandwich
- more salad recipes…
You can enjoy this bowl warm or cold. Placed in a well-sealed container, you can prepare this bowl in the evening to take it to the office the next day.
Broccoli Chickpea Pesto Bowl …
- 1 can Chickpeas* about 400g
- 2 tbsp. native olive oil*
- ½ tsp Turmeric*
- 100 gram Edamame
- 1 broccoli
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- ½ juice of half a lemon
For the basil pecan pesto:
- 1 small Bunch of basil
- 20 gram pecans*
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil*
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- kosher salt*
- Pepper* from the mill
- Pour the chickpeas through a sieve, rinse and drain well. Mix with olive oil and turmeric and roast on a baking tray (lined with baking paper) for about 20 minutes in a preheated oven (200 °C).
- Pour the vegetable broth and lemon juice into a saucepan. Bring to the boil and meanwhile prepare the vegetables.
- Break the broccoli into bite-sized florets. Add the edamame and broccoli to the pot. Let this cook for four to five minutes.
- Check the vegetables are done.
- Mix the vegetables with the chickpeas and serve mixed or drizzled with the pesto.