Cauliflower steaks from the oven somehow have a very special taste, because this time we do without the ever-popular baking paper, because each vegetable steak is brushed with olive oil, which prevents the vegetables from sticking to the baking sheet. Baking without parchment paper also helps to get a golden color and a crispy crust on the underside. I recommend serving these thick vegetable steaks with a flavorful sauce like our Cilantro Pesto.
Cauliflower steaks from the oven! What a delightful and nutritious meal to make for your family. The beautiful golden-brown color of the cauliflower steaks is a testament to the amazing flavor that has been brought out by roasting the vegetable in the oven.
It is an inspiring sight, to see the steaks emerge from the oven, with the tantalizing aromas of turmeric and garlic wafting through the house.
The texture of the cauliflower is perfectly cooked, with a slight crunch that gives way to a soft, creamy center.
With just a few simple ingredients, you have created a meal that is sure to please everyone at the table. Enjoy your cauliflower steaks and the feeling of pride and accomplishment that comes with cooking a delicious and nutritious meal.
Cauliflower steaks from the oven
Oven-roasted cauliflower steaks are an easy and flavorful alternative for a satisfying vegan-based appetizer, side dish or even filling meal. All this food is made up of just fresh veggies and spices, which you can surely find in your pantry as well.
Thick-cut cauliflower steaks roast and bake on a “bare” baking sheet in a hot oven, steaming and golden brown. This method ensures tenderly cooked oven cauliflower with a perfectly golden crust. The ease of preparation of this tasty recipe allows for a delightful contrast of textures, creativity in flavors and refreshing sauces to serve.
use of leftovers
Our recipe is intended with two small heads of cauliflower for 2 servings as a main course or 4 servings as a delicious vegetable side dish.
Feel free to be creative with your choice of spices! Experiment with cumin, ground coriander, curry and/or ras el hanout for an oriental twist on your cauliflower steaks.
Coriander-Pesto over Cauliflower steaks from the oven
The taste of coriander pesto is truly something special. It’s a unique and vibrant flavor that is sure to satisfy any palate. The aroma of the herbs and spices in the pesto is a delight to the senses and the texture of the pesto is creamy and smooth.
It’s a perfect accompaniment to any dish, adding a burst of flavor that is sure to please. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also incredibly versatile. You can use it as a dip, spread, or topping, making it a great addition to any meal.
Whether you use it as a topping for a salad, a side dish, or an entrée, coriander pesto is sure to add a burst of flavor and inspiration to any dish. It’s a great way to add a bit of excitement and creativity to your meals.
If you like our cauliflower steaks from the oven, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Tender miso onions from the oven
- Oven Vegetables with Hasselbacks and Tahini Drizzle
- Mujadara recipe from Lebanon
- Khichadi – rice and lentil comfort food
- Falafel a sure-fire recipe to take home
- Nectarine and tomato chutney
Cauliflower steaks from the oven
Ingredients for the cauliflower from the oven:
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Coriander pesto >> <=recipe link
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Clean the cauliflower, remove the leaves and cut off the stalk.
- Halve the cauliflower in the middle of the stalk.
- Then cut a thick slice (steak) of about 2 – 3 cm thick from each half. Do the same with the other 3 halves so that you get 4 nice cauliflower steaks. To use the cauliflower trimmings later, have a look HERE for some ideas.
- Place the cauliflower steaks on a baking sheet (today without parchment paper).
- Mix together salt, pepper, garlic granules, turmeric and paprika.
- Brush cauliflower steaks with olive oil on both sides.
- Then both sides are seasoned with the spice mixture.
- Bake on the middle rack in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. then carefully turn the steaks and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the cauliflower steaks are tender.
- Arrange the cauliflower steaks on plates or a platter.
- Serve drizzled with some coriander pesto. Add the rest of the pesto.