A delicious cake for the weekend. But this cake is so good you can use it for any of your special occasions. It’s a perfect vegan birthday cake. This Chocolate cake vegan and juicy has been my favorite for a number of years. It’s moist, decadent, fluffy, and made with simple ingredients of my kitchen. I’ve made this cake for many people and it’s had rave reviews everywhere. I’ve lost count of how many of these chocolate cakes I made. This is what happens when you work at a restaurant and everyone wants that chocolate cake. Now that I’ve been baking for over 12 years and have to please many vegan guests, I needed a vegan version of a chocolate cake.
Super easy method with simple ingredients
No special ingredients such as linseed or chia seeds, and no complicated work steps. This vegan chocolate cake is simply stirred together with simple ingredients. A chocolate cake that you stir together in a few minutes, can actually be made in just one bowl and is guaranteed to succeed. I made these little cakes again this morning for a little birthday surprise from co-workers.
This cake recipe is actually intended for a 30 cm loaf tin, but can also be easily baked in small silicone molds, muffin tins or in the normal round springform pan with adjusted baking times. The best way to check when the cake is ready is to test it with a chopstick.
Chopstick test for batter
Best suited for sponge cakes or muffins. To do this, pierce the thickest part of the cake with a wooden skewer. If there is still dough left on the stick when you pull it out, the cake has to go back into the oven. If you pull a blank stick out of the cake instead, it’s done baking.
Other vegan baking ideas that might interest you:
- vegan cinnamon apple pie cookies
- Pumpkin seed croissants with chocolate
- vegan blueberry tart with chocolate walnut base
- more biscuits and pastries can be found here…
Chocolate cake vegan and juicy
- food processor*
- hand mixer*
- silicone mold*
For the cake batter:
- 300 G wheat flour or rice flour
- 200 G sugar
- 50 G cocoa powder
- 1 pack baking powder
- 2 pack Vanilla sugar*
- ½ tsp kosher salt*
- 360 ml water
- 150 ml vegetable oil
- 100 G dark chocolate vegan
- 35 G maple syrup*
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil*
- 15 G cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a water bath.
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl or your food processor and mix together.
- Now stir in the vegetable oil, water and melted chocolate. Stir until everything is well mixed and smooth.
- Either grease your loaf tin with a little margarine or oil or line it with baking paper. If you would like to bake such small cakes or muffins, use lightly greased silicone moulds.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Please do not fill to the brim as the dough rises very well.
- Bake the loaf tin for 60 minutes (check with a skewer). Small cakes or muffins are ready after 25 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool IN the tin.