Today we are cooking a delicious and easy recipe for Creamy Pea Pasta with Fresh Mint. This dish is perfect for a quick and easy meal. This vegan pasta dish is a great way to use fresh peas. We hope you enjoy this recipe! Quick and easy: creamy pea noodles with fresh mint not only taste good in spring or summer, but can be enjoyed all year round as a light and quick meal.
Creamy pea noodles with fresh mint, no cream and no cheese
They come without cream, without cheese and without dairy products, but are still super creamy. The pea noodles are a delicious, healthy and easy dish that everyone can enjoy. This dish is perfect for a quick meal or a light dinner. You can serve it with a salad or other light dish.
They are high in fiber and protein and contain no saturated fat.
The ingredients for this vegan pasta dish
It doesn’t matter if you prefer fresh or frozen peas. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Fresh peas are best, of course, but they’re also more expensive and harder to find. Frozen peas aren’t quite as good, but they’re cheaper and easier to find. In the end you have to decide what is best for you.
A short type of pasta works best for this dish. The pasta should be al dente and not overcooked. Use for example: clam pasta, penne, casarecce, macaroni, or like me orecchiette.
Do you love spicy dishes? Then shallots and garlic are just the right ingredients for you! These two ingredients give our creamy pea noodles with fresh mint a savory note and ensure an unforgettable taste experience. Garlic, with its spiciness, and sweet shallots are the perfect condiments for savory dishes like pasta. Both spices are not only tasty, but also very healthy. Garlic contains numerous vitamins and nutrients that strengthen and immunize the body. Shallots are also rich in vitamins and nutrients and have an antibacterial effect.
Fresh mint in refreshing pea sauce! This sauce is just perfect for a summer meal. The refreshing mint gives the sauce a very special taste that you are sure to love. So don’t wait any longer and enjoy this delicious dish soon!
Hemp seeds ensure a creamy consistency in our sauce. This gives the sauce a very special taste and makes it so unique. Hemp seeds are also very healthy and contain many important nutrients. These nutrients ensure that our sauce is very healthy and also keeps us full for a long time. If you don’t have hemp seeds on hand, you can also use tahini, almond butter or cashew as an alternative.
Miso paste is a wonderful condiment for sauces and sauces. It is very flattering and has a pleasant, sweet taste. In addition, it is an excellent source of vitamin B12 and iron. Miso paste is a Japanese seasoning paste made from soybeans, rice and salt. It has an umami flavor that makes it a popular choice for sauces and dressings. The paste is rich in nutrients and contains a number of health benefits.
Miso paste is a good source of B vitamins, which are important for nervous system health and red blood cell production. The paste also contains a number of minerals including calcium, copper and zinc. These nutrients are important for the health of bones, teeth and hair.
Miso paste can also help regulate blood sugar levels. The soybeans it contains are rich in fibre, which are digested slowly and thus keep the blood sugar level constant. The fiber can also help lower cholesterol levels.
if you like our creamy pea noodles with fresh mint, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Broccoli with Asian Garlic Sauce
- easy vegan celery salad
- Wholemeal spaghetti with lamb’s lettuce pesto
- Baked sweet potatoes on tahini yogurt
- quick pasta alla vodka
- more pasta ideas…
Creamy pea noodles with fresh mint
- pasta pot*
- Cooking pot*
- noodles Orecchiette, Penne, Casarecce …
- 2 shallots or an onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. native olive oil*
- 200 g peas fresh or frozen
- 100 ml water +/-
- 1 lemon untreated or organic
- 1 small bunch of mint
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt*
- ½ tsp. Pepper*
- 1 tsp. Miso Paste*
- 3 tbsp. hemp seeds* or tahini, almond butter etc.
- 80 g baby spinach
- Cook noodles in salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely dice the shallots and garlic.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté the diced shallots and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes until golden and fragrant.
- Reduce the heat a bit. Add the peas to the shallots and stir. Cover and steam peas, about 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Wash the lemon in hot water and finely grate the zest. squeeze juice.
- Place ⅔ of the pea and shallot mixture in the blender with about 100 ml of water. Add the lemon juice, a handful of mint leaves, salt, pepper, and miso paste.
- Blend until creamy and smooth. Add a little more water if needed if the blender won’t start. Put aside.
- Now add the baby spinach to the remaining shallot and pea mixture in the pan. Allow to collapse while stirring gently.
- Drain the pasta through a sieve and stir into the pan together with the sauce from the mixer. Rinse the blender with a little water and add to the noodles. Do not heat for too long so that the green color does not fade.
- Season to taste with salt, lemon zest and more pepper.
- Serve with a generous drizzle of olive oil and fresh mint.
Leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the fridge for about 3 days. Stir in some water to warm up.