Tofu is a popular food in Asian cuisine and is made from soybeans. It is a healthy alternative to traditional meat products and can be prepared in a variety of ways. In this simple recipe, we want to look at a particularly delicious way to prepare tofu – the crispy baked oven tofu.
Tofu as a healthy, protein-rich food
You may know tofu from Asian cuisine and associate it with soy and vegetarian dishes. But tofu is much more than that! Tofu is a healthy, high-protein food that can be used in many different dishes.
Tofu is a product made from soybeans and is often used as a vegetarian or vegan alternative to meat and fish. However, it is not only suitable for vegetarians and vegans, but also for anyone looking for a healthy and protein-rich meal.
Tofu is rich in nutrients like iron, calcium and vitamin B12. It’s also a good source of protein, making it an ideal food for athletes and people with active lifestyles.
Tofu can be prepared in a variety of ways. It can be boiled, fried, baked or used in salads and soups. Tofu is a very versatile food, so it can become a regular part of your diet.
Just give tofu a try and discover for yourself how healthy and tasty it is!
Looks like meat but tastes like vegetables – tofu is like a special cheese made from soybeans and is a popular ingredient in Asian cuisine. Tofu has a very neutral flavor and therefore absorbs the flavors of spices and sauces very well.
Crispy baked oven tofu as a delicious alternative to conventional tofu
Crispy Baked Oven Tofu is a tasty alternative to regular tofu. The tofu is placed in the oven and baked until crispy, giving it a whole new texture and taste. Crispy baked oven tofu is ideal as an accompaniment to various dishes, toppings for salads or as a protein snack in between meals.
You can cook tofu in many different ways, but oven-baked tofu is a tasty alternative to traditional tofu that’s fried in oil, for example. Tofu is made from soybeans and is a good source of protein. It is also rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber. Oven-baked tofu has a crispy crust and a soft, juicy center. It is easy to prepare and can be seasoned with various sauces and spices. Try it and decide for yourself if it tastes better than regular tofu!
A few more tips and comments on crispy tofu
- Personally, I prefer to make this tofu recipe with up to 6 tablespoons of cornstarch because our son likes the tofu cubes extra crunchy. However, you can use less if you like.
- Experiment with different herbs and spices. We also love diced tofu with turmeric and/or smoked paprika.
- If you don’t want to use oil, you can leave it out, but the tofu will be crispier if you use it.
- You can also substitute salt for the soy sauce or tamari.
- Use firm or extra firm tofu for best results.
- You can also replace or combine garlic powder with onion powder. But don’t leave it out 😉
More fresh salad bowls and salads you might love:
- Simple lukewarm potato and bean salad
- Beetroot and herb tabbouleh
- spicy cucumber and radish salad vegan
- vegan quinoa kale salad with lemon dressing
- vegan sweet potato quinoa salad
- Crispy chickpeas from the oven
Crispy Baked Oven Tofu
- baking tray*
- 350 grams Tofu firm
- 1 tbsp. Soy sauce* or Tamari
- 1 tsp. native olive oil*
- ½ tsp. garlic powder* or onion powder
- 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Cut tofu into cubes. (about 1.5×1.5 cm)
- In a large bowl, mix the diced tofu, soy sauce, olive oil, and garlic powder and let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Dust cornstarch over the tofu and gently toss the bowl until the tofu is well coated in flour. Feel free to add more cornstarch if needed.
- Place the tofu cubes on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn all the tofu cubes over. Bake for a further 15 minutes or until the cubes are golden brown.
- Serve your baked tofu cubes, for example in a delicious soup, sprinkled on a salad or as a snack in front of the TV.
Pin this vegan snack on Pinterest and cook later
You can now bake your tofu crispy in the oven! This is a tasty alternative to regular tofu and increases protein absorption. Tofu is high in unsaturated fatty acids and is a good source of calcium, iron and vitamin B12. Crispy Baked Oven Tofu is a healthy and flavorful addition to any meal.