As a sustainable nutrition and food blog, we have set ourselves the goal of promoting vegan nutrition. However, it is also our task to make progress towards animal welfare. So we want to show you a classic that is easy to make at home. These crispy chickpeas from the oven are an excellent snack for the evening on the sofa or to top off a crunchy salad, as they can be prepared in a short time.
Chickpeas – the crispy alternative in the oven
If you’re looking for a healthy snack that’s not only delicious but also easy to make, then Crispy Chickpeas are for you! You only need a few ingredients and you can easily make the chickpeas in larger quantities, so you have enough to snack on for a few days. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free and sugar free!
Chickpeas are a real superfood! They are very healthy, full of nutrients and keep you full for a long time. They also taste great and can be used in many ways. Chickpeas are suitable both as a side dish and as a main course. You can boil them, roast them, bake them or simply eat them on their own. If you don’t know chickpeas yet, you should definitely try them!
Chickpeas are an important part of the vegan diet. They are rich in fiber, iron, zinc and potassium. Chickpeas can be eaten raw or cooked. They taste hearty and can be used as a side dish or in salads. Chickpeas are also a good source of protein.
Do you like chickpea snacks? Or would you prefer potato chips? The two snacks have different advantages and disadvantages. Chickpea snacks are healthier as they are lower in fat and calories than potato chips. Chickpeas also contain many vitamins and minerals. Potato chips, on the other hand, taste very tasty, but they have a lot more calories than chickpea snacks. So if you want to take care of your health, you should better use chickpea snacks.
Healthy snacks are on the rise and growing in popularity. They are not only good for you, but also for the environment. The selection of healthy snacks is huge and you can easily prepare your favorite varieties yourself. Whether you like fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, dried fruits or legumes, you will definitely find something that suits you. Healthy snacks are not only delicious, but also very healthy. They provide you with many important nutrients and help you to feel fit and energetic.
if you like our vegan chickpea snack, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Oriental chickpea stew
- vegan power salad with quinoa
- vegan brussel sprouts chickpea curry
- Beetroot and chickpea salad
- Spanish chickpeas with salad
So how do you make the crispiest chickpeas?
These specific steps will show you how easy it is to prepare a healthy chickpea snack!
For maximum crispiness!
- First bake the chickpeas pure! I bake the chickpeas for 15 minutes without oil and without spices. This way they start to get crunchy before they later absorb the olive oil.
- Don’t use too much oil. You want to avoid using too much oil to coat the chickpeas after their first time in the oven. Start with half a tablespoon, then add more drop by drop as needed. You only need enough oil for the spices to stick to the chickpeas!
- Leave the chickpeas to cool with the oven door slightly ajar . At the end of baking, I turn off the oven, open the door slightly and let the chickpeas cool inside. This will ensure they retain their crispy crunch for days.
- Storage: Store these roasted chickpeas in an airtight container at room temperature.
- If you don’t bake the chickpeas long enough, the chickpeas may soften a bit and lose their crispiness. Then simply bake in the oven for another 2-5 minutes until crispy.
Crispy chickpeas from the oven
- 1 can Chickpeas* approx. 420g
- ½ tsp olive oil or 1 tbsp
- ½ tsp garlic powder*
- ¼ tsp onion powder*
- ¼ tsp ground coriander*
- ½ tsp Cumin* ground
- ½ tsp smoked paprika spice*
- ½ tsp Sea-salt*
- ¼ tsp Black pepper* from the mill
- Lightly line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Drain the chickpeas in a colander, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Place dried chickpeas on the baking tray, spread evenly and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes . WITHOUT spices and oil.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, sea salt, onion powder, and pepper.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven and toss in a bowl with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil until evenly coated. Add a little more olive oil if needed.
- Now pour the spices over the chickpeas and mix until the chickpeas are evenly coated with spices.
- Place back onto the baking sheet and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Stir once in between.
- If the chickpeas aren’t crispy enough, let them cook for another 5 minutes or until you’re satisfied.
- Now switch off the oven and open the door a little. Allow the chickpeas to cool in the oven for maximum crispiness.
Pin this Oven Crispy Chickpeas recipe on Pinterest to make later
Because of their many benefits, healthy snacks have become increasingly popular. Many people today make a conscious decision in favor of the healthy alternatives to conventional chips.
Chickpeas are a true delicacy that taste particularly good in a vinaigrette or with a tomato and garlic sauce. They can also be served as an accompaniment to salads or other dishes. The perfect recipe for crispy roasted chickpeas is very simple. The chickpeas are pre-baked in the oven, then seasoned and baked again in the oven until crispy. You can season as you like. I recommend some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika…