Tomato salad is one of my favorite dishes. It’s perfect for a quick and easy meal and tastes delicious too. Tomato Salad on Grainy Cream Cheese is one of my favorite variations and I want to show you how I make it in this blog post.
Tomato Salad on Grainy Cream Cheese is a delicious and easy recipe that’s perfect for a quick meal. This salad is packed with healthy nutrients, and tomatoes are high in vitamin C, potassium, and lycopene. Grainy cream cheese is a good source of protein and calcium. This recipe is a healthy alternative to a traditional tomato salad.
Why Tomato Salad Tastes So Good on Grainy Cream Cheese!
Classic tomato salad is one of the most popular dishes in Germany. There are many different types of tomato salad, but one thing is for sure: tomato salad on grainy cream cheese tastes super delicious and is an interesting alternative to the traditional tomato salad with oil and vinegar!
The reason for this is simple: the tomatoes are sweet and juicy, while the grainy cream cheese has an excellent texture and delicious taste. This combination combined with sweet cherries makes this salad simply irresistible!
This summer tomato salad is a dish you’ll enjoy again and again. Just try it out and see for yourself!
Which tomato varieties are best for the salad?
When looking for the best tomato varieties for your salad, you can go by a number of different factors. First of all, you should decide what kind of tomatoes you prefer – whether you want them to taste sweet or sour. In addition, it is important to consider how large or small you want the tomatoes to be.
Some of the most popular tomato varieties for salads are the following:
- Cherry Tomatoes, Cocktail Tomatoes: These small tomatoes are perfect for a sweet taste. They are also good for a salad, as they are relatively robust and cannot be easily crushed. They are available in different colors and are a feast for the eyes for colorful salads.
- Date Tomatoes: Date tomatoes, like the San Marzano, are a great choice when you’re looking for something sweet and juicy. They have an intense tomato flavor and are therefore particularly recommended. You can easily add them to the salad and enjoy.
- Green Tomatoes: They come in many different sizes and shapes. Green cherry tomatoes have fruity, juicy-sweet fruits and are a great choice when you’re looking for a change. They’re perfect for a salad.
- Salad Tomatoes: These tomatoes are the perfect choice for a classic salad. They are not too sweet and not too sour, but have the full tomato flavor.
- Vine Tomatoes: Vine tomatoes have a unique sweet and aromatic flavor. Since the stalks (panicles) are left on the tomato during harvest, they retain their strong tomato aroma for longer.
- Oxheart tomatoes: They are beefsteak tomatoes and their large, fleshy fruits can weigh up to half a kilo. The taste is aromatic, sweet and slightly acidic.
I chose a combination of vine tomatoes, ox heart, and colorful heirloom tomatoes to bring out the different flavors. The vine tomatoes are sweet and juicy, the ox heart are savory and flavorful, and the colorful heirloom tomatoes add color to the plate. This is how I combined the different flavors and I hope you like this combination too.
Which cream cheese can I use or are there vegan alternatives?
Grainy cream cheese, cream cheese but also ricotta go well with this tomato salad. The list of different types of cream cheese is long and the tastes are diverse. Cream cheese is a versatile product and an excellent health food. You can also use Italian ricotta for this salad idea, as it is a particularly tasty alternative to cream cheese and can be prepared in many different ways. Ricotta is a very popular choice for cream cheese and can come in many different flavors.
Cream cheese is high in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Cream cheese is also a good source of calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, and magnesium.
You can easily use the cream cheese of your choice! A good choice that I recommend is grainy herder’s cheese or ricotta. Both types of cheese are very tasty and go well with the fresh herbs. You can also refine the cream cheese with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Just put everything in a bowl and mix well. This is a very simple but very tasty recipe for a fresh herb cream cheese dip!
You can now also buy vegan granular cream cheese. Do-it-yourself is also an option and I will be posting my recipe for it here soon too. So you can look forward to a delicious recipe soon!
More fresh salad recipes you may love:
- Simple lukewarm potato and bean salad
- vegan summer salad with quinoa
- spicy cucumber and radish salad vegan
- vegan quinoa kale salad with lemon dressing
- Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
Tomato salad on grainy cream cheese – the perfect recipe for summertime!
- cutting board*
- flash hacker*
- 250 grams cottage cheese Ricotta or vegan alternative
- 1-2 tbsp. vegan basil pesto
- tomatoes colorful mixture of your choice
- 5-6 cherries
- 1 tsp. Herbs of Provence*
- 1 tsp. Sumach*
- 1 tsp. honey or agave syrup
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Olive Oil or use olive oil with a squeeze of lemon juice
- Black pepper* from the mill
- small Bunch of basil
- small bunch of thyme
- Spread cottage cheese on a large plate or serving platter.
- "Dab" the basil pesto onto the cottage cheese.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut into thin slices and spread on the cheese.
- Halve and stone the cherries. Spread between the tomatoes.
- Season with honey, sumac, herbs de Provence, lemon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pluck the basil and thyme from the stalks and sprinkle over the salad.
- Enjoy as a side dish or on fresh wholemeal bread.
Tomato salad is a simple and delicious dish that’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. This tomato salad is easy and delicious and quick to make.