The vegan zucchini sabzi from the pan is an easy and healthy dish that is prepared in just a few minutes. It’s a perfect meal for a quick lunch or dinner, and it’s also a great way to use up excess veggies. This recipe is gluten free, lactose free and egg free.
It’s hard to believe, but this delicious dish is made with just zucchini and the right seasonings. This clever idea comes from faraway India and has been prepared there for centuries.
If you haven’t tried it yet, you should definitely give it a try. This dish is not only healthy and tasty, but also very easy to prepare. You can serve it as a side dish or a main dish. I hope you have the opportunity to try this dish soon. Have fun cooking!
What is zucchini?
Zucchini is a tasty and healthy vegetable that’s perfect for a variety of dishes. Whether as a side dish, in a soup or as a main course – zucchini is simply delicious and versatile.
But what exactly is zucchini? Zucchini is a type of squash originally from South America. The fruits are usually green, but can also be yellow, orange, or white. Zucchini is a very healthy vegetable that is rich in vitamins and minerals. Zucchini is packed with many nutritional benefits, cooked zucchini in particular is packed with vitamin A.
Zucchini is a perfect vegetable for a healthy and balanced diet. You can eat it raw, use it in a soup or salad, or serve it as an accompaniment to a main course.
You can use it the same way you would use a pumpkin. Add it to curries and pan sauté like in this recipe.
Zucchini cooks very quickly, so keep an eye on them as you cook.
Why you will love this recipe
- Zucchini Sabzi is easy to make and packed with nutrients
- a simple vegetarian side dish made from Indian staples
- is on the table in less than 30 minutes
- Zucchini vegetables are low in calories and high in water and fiber
- also contains significant amounts of vitamin B6, riboflavin, folic acid, C and K, and minerals such as potassium and manganese
Zucchini Sabzi Variations
For a zucchini curry dish, add chopped tomatoes
Another twist for an Indian zucchini curry is to add some cashew cream or coconut milk.
Combinations with other types of vegetables: for example, you can mix in pre-cooked lentils in all colors and varieties, diced potatoes, peas, beans (green or white) and soybeans.
To serve, you can sprinkle grated coconut or chopped nuts (cashew, peanuts…) on top.
Serve with roti, chapati, rice or quinoa.
Sabzi quick and easy
It’s hard to believe, but this delicious dish is ready in less than 30 minutes! Zucchini Sabzi is an Indian-style stir-fry made with zucchini and Indian spices. This dish is so easy to make and tastes heavenly. Zucchini Sabzi is the perfect meal for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
All you need is a few simple ingredients and a skillet. First, the courgettes are sliced and then added to the pan. Then the spices are added.
For example, I always use cumin, mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric, garam masala, and chili…
Just give this dish a try and you will be amazed!
if you like our delicious vegan zucchini sabzi from the pan, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan chickpea zucchini curry
- grilled zucchini and carrot fritters quick and crispy
- Brussels sprouts and tofu stir fry in miso sauce
- Vegetable skewers from the oven
- baked kohlrabi with sesame and veto
- healthy vegan quinoa vegetable soup
Now if you want to cook a vegan zucchini abzi and don’t know exactly how to start? Don’t worry, we have everything you need to prepare your perfect zucchini abzi right here in the recipe card!
First of all, you should make sure you have the right ingredients for your dish. Zucchini is the main ingredient in this dish, but you’ll also need a few other ingredients to complete it. You need tomatoes (optional), ginger, garlic, turmeric, chili, garam masala, coriander powder, mustard seeds or ground mustard, plus ghee (not vegan) or coconut oil. When you have all of these ingredients together, you’re ready to start cooking!
Delicious pan-fried vegan zucchini sabzi
- 1 small Bunch of coriander or parsley
- sesame black/white* optional
- Nuts of your choice optional
- Wash the zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and cut into 1cm pieces.
- Peel and finely dice the onion.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger and garlic.
- Wash the chili pepper and cut into fine rings. discard cores.
Cook zucchini sabzi:
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and add mustard seeds. Once the mustard is bursting, add the cumin and curry leaves and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the diced onions, ginger, garlic and the green chili. Sauté for a further 4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Now add the zucchini pieces, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and some salt. Swirl the pan so that all of the courgettes are covered with the spices. If you want to add some tomatoes or other ingredients, now would be the right time.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over medium-high heat until the courgettes are tender but still have a bite. Stir occasionally so nothing burns on the bottom.
- Once the zucchini is done, add a pinch of the brown sugar and the lemon juice. Mix everything together again and season with more salt if necessary.
- Rinse the cilantro and shake dry. Roughly chop and spread over the zucchini. Swirl once and you can serve.