Quick and Easy Lentil Coconut Curry is a wonderful recipe for a quick lunch or dinner. It’s packed with flavor and nutritional values to help you feel energized throughout the day. This curry is also vegan, gluten-free, and healthy, making it suitable for everyone. This is a simple yet delicious recipe that you can make in no time. Curry lentils are a great substitute for meat in a vegetarian dish. They are not only healthy but also very tasty. This recipe is quick and easy to make and you can vary it to suit your tastes. Try it and you will be amazed!
This authentic Indian recipe is enriched with fragrant spices and not only delicious, but also vegan, lactose and gluten free! If you’re looking for a simple yet flavorful recipe, then this curry recipe is for you. The spices give the curry a wonderful spiciness, which is softened by the sweet coconut milk and juicy vegetables. Quick and easy to make, this curry is perfect for a healthy, filling meal.
You can serve the aromatic curry lentils on a bed of baby spinach with basmati rice or with homemade naan bread . This is a simple yet very tasty recipe that you are sure to love. The curry lentils are perfect for a quick meal or a tasty snack.
if you like our vegan and quick lentil coconut curry, you might also be interested in these recipes:
- vegan eggplant curry
- vegan lentil soup with curry and chutney
- Brussels sprouts and chickpea curry
- oriental roasted carrots on lentil salad
- vegan sweet potato quinoa salad
- spicy beetroot curry
Easy and quick lentil coconut curry
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil* or ghee if not vegan
- 1 onion
- 6 clove of garlic
- 1 fresh ginger* about the size of a thumb
- 2-3 carrots
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin*
- 2 tsp. ground coriander*
- 1 ½ tsp. turmeric powder*
- 1 tsp. paprika*
- 1 tsp. fenugreek*
- 1 tsp. garam masala*
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ liter of water
- 200 g mountain lentils* brown lentils, plate lentils…
- kosher salt*
- cayenne pepper* or chilli flakes more "heat"
- 400 g coconut milk* from the can
Optional side dishes:
- Peel and dice onions.
- Peel and coarsely chop the garlic.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Peel and small dice the carrots.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté the diced onions in it for 4 to 5 minutes until fragrant and golden.
- Now add the garlic, ginger and diced carrots and simmer for about 3 more minutes until you can smell the garlic.
- Add all the spices (except salt) and tomato paste and sauté 1 to 2 minutes, until spices are fragrant and tomato paste is slightly set to the bottom.
- Now pour on the water and loosen any residue from the floor.
- Now add the lentils and bring everything to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until lentils are cooked. This takes about 25 minutes or less depending on the type of lentils you are using. (observe package information)
- Finally, stir in the coconut milk and season with salt and, if you like, more spiciness.
- You can also stir in a handful of spinach at this point and wilt if you like. (But I prefer to serve the dish on fresh baby spinach)
- Serve with rice and or naan.