There is no doubt that Brussels sprouts are a very popular winter vegetable, making their way onto the menu almost every winter. While this vegetable is fairly easy to prepare, it’s a unique combination of Brussels sprouts, sun-dried tomatoes, kidney beans, onions, garlic, and fresh thyme. These few ingredients can easily be processed into a simple stew.
There aren’t just the simple forms of soup or stew that you can cook to make these vegetables. After all, soup or stew is a great way to eat a lot of vegetables. Easy & cozy Brussels sprout stew can be made into a meal if you use leftover vegetables from the pantry, for example.
You are probably already aware that climate change is having far-reaching effects on what we keep in the fridge and on our menus. Especially now that the days are getting colder, we are rediscovering the importance of growing fresh vegetables that endure the weather conditions to provide our kitchens with fresh ingredients.
It may only be one dish, but with our Brussels Sprout Stew you can impress with few ingredients and a simple cooking process. Take a large saucepan, pour in oil, add a handful of Brussels sprouts, a dash of broth, some garlic, herbs and spices. Let the Brussels sprouts simmer until tender. Actually, kindergarten children can also prepare this Brussels sprouts stew. But good things don’t always have to be complicated.
Brussels sprouts stew with a few simple ingredients
I love Brussels sprouts and I am convinced that this delicacy is widespread. So I have a stew recipe for all those people who love Brussels sprouts.
This Brussels sprouts stew is excellent to eat with friends, but also perfect to eat in front of the TV if you want to watch your diet.
It’s made with Brussels sprouts, kidney beans, sundried tomatoes, onions, garlic and lots of thyme. Easy & Cozy Brussels Sprout Stew is Vegan, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, and Soy-Free!
If you like our vegan & simple Brussels sprouts stew, then these recipes might inspire you:
- Vegan lentil soup with curry and chutney
- Caramelized fennel with sweet onions
- Chickpea Zucchini Curry
- African Berbere plantain stew
- spicy vegan beetroot carrot curry
- more soup and stew recipes…
Easy & cozy Brussels sprouts stew
- 1 kg Cauliflower fresh
- 1 can White beans about 380g
- 8-10 Sun-dried tomatoes* in oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 L vegetable broth
- small bunch of thyme You can also use dried thyme
- Pepper* from the mill
- kosher salt*
- Peel onions and garlic. Dice the onions and finely chop the garlic.
- Drain the sundried tomatoes in a colander. catch the oil. Cut the dried tomatoes into strips or pieces.
- Clean Brussels sprouts. To do this, remove the outer, unsightly and dark leaves. remove stalk. Halve large sprouts.
- Now put three tablespoons of the drained tomato oil in a soup pot and heat it over medium heat.
- Sauté the onions in the hot oil until translucent, then add the garlic and fry for a few minutes until lightly colored.
- Now add the Brussels sprouts and sauté lightly while stirring.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, pour the beans into a colander, rinse and drain well.
- Add the beans to the stew along with the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Season with chopped thyme and pepper.
- Let everything stand for about 5 to 8 minutes and taste the Brussels sprouts stew again with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley. Enjoy your meal!
Pin the vegan soup recipe for our “Cosy Brussels Sprout Stew” on Pinterest and cook it later!
A vegan diet is aimed at people who do not eat any animal products and avoid certain foods. The vegan lifestyle certainly has health benefits. As a result, vegans sometimes eat fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds, sweets from animal or plant sources, beverages, clothing, shoes, and cosmetics that do not contain animal products. However, some people who convert to a vegan diet are not strictly vegan, which is why the term flexitarianism is also used when talking about a vegan diet.
There are many good reasons to be vegan. This easy soup recipe is one of them!