Discover an extraordinary taste experience with our recipe for giant ravioli filled with cime di rapa. These delicious, handmade dumplings are a true delicacy that will spoil your senses. Learn how to prepare this culinary creation and immerse yourself in the world of flavors and textures.
Our ravioli with Cime di Rapa are a real treat for the palate and at the same time an eye-catcher on every plate. The oversized dumplings are prepared with a hearty filling made from cime di rapa, also known as turnip greens or stalk cabbage. This green leafy vegetable gives the ravioli a pleasant bitter note and an incredible freshness.
When it comes to preparation, we attach great importance to quality and care. Each ravioli is lovingly handcrafted to ensure the filling is perfectly encased in the delicate crust of pastry. The Cime di Rapa are carefully selected and gently processed to preserve the full flavor and valuable nutrients.
Giant ravioli with Cime di Rapa
Our recipe for ravioli with cime di rapa offers not only a treat for the palate, but also a healthy option for health-conscious gourmets. Cime di Rapa is rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber that can contribute to a balanced diet. Combined with the fine dough and a delicate sauce, a taste experience is created that will inspire you.
Be inspired by our passion for first-class ingredients and creative dishes. The giant ravioli with cime di rapa are a perfect choice for special occasions or an impressive meal at home. Spoil yourself and your guests with this unique creation and let yourself be seduced by the flavors of Italy.
Discover the full recipe below. Learn how to prepare the giant ravioli perfectly and impress your guests with an unforgettable culinary experience. Immerse yourself in the world of Cime di Rapa and be inspired by our refined giant ravioli.
Worth knowing about Cimi di rapa
Cime di rapa, also known as turnip greens or collards, is a leafy green vegetable of the cruciferous family. It originally comes from Mediterranean cuisine and is used in many traditional Italian dishes. Cime di Rapa is characterized by a slightly bitter taste and is rich in vitamins A, C and K and fiber. Often steamed, boiled or used in sauces, it is a healthy and delicious addition to various dishes.
Also try vegan orecchiette with cime di rapa and tomatoes
more recipes for homemade pasta
- Vegan orecchiette with cime di rapa and tomatoes
- Pizza di pasta sfoglia – torta salata on puff pastry pizza
- Orecchiette pasta with pepper and cheese sauce
- Tortelloni stuffed with chanterelles
- Italian pasta with porcini mushrooms
Giant ravioli filled with Cime di Rapa
- Cooking pot*
- Rolling Pin
- pasta machine*
for the ravioli dough:
for the cime di rapa filling:
- 700 g Chime de Rapa also called stalk cabbage
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons native olive oil*
- Sift the flour with a pinch of salt onto your work surface, knead with the eggs and the water. Knead the dough for 15 minutes, then wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Wash the chime de rapa, spin dry and chop finely. Peel the garlic and also chop finely. Fry the chime de rapa in a pan with olive oil and garlic. Season with salt.
- Roll out the dough very thin. Spread walnut-sized portions of the fried Chime de Rapa on half of the dough so that you can later cut out ravioli about 10 cm in size.
- Place the rest of the rolled out dough on top and press down in the gaps. Make sure that no air is trapped. Cut the ravioli square with the pastry cutter or a sharp knife.
- Boil the ravioli in salted water for about 3 minutes.
- Melt butter with sage in a pan. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and sauté briefly. Take the ravioli out of the water, put them in the pan with the butter, toss them carefully, add some pasta water and if you have leftover Chime de Rapa.
- Season with ground pepper.
- Arrange the ravioli on plates and serve sprinkled with shaved Parmesan.