Stews are the epitome of comfort food. They warm the body from the inside and are perfect for cozy evenings at home. But stews don’t always have to be heavy and meaty. In this blog post we present you a vegan Golden cauliflower stew made from cauliflower florets, chickpeas and turmeric root that is not only delicious, but also healthy and nutritious. Served on brown rice, this golden cauliflower stew is a real comfort food for the soul.
What is so special about this golden stew?
This stew contains a combination of healthy and nutritious ingredients. Cauliflower florets are high in fiber, vitamins C and K, while chickpeas are a good source of protein and iron. The turmeric root, also known as turmeric, not only gives the stew a beautiful golden color, but also has anti-inflammatory properties and aids in digestion.
What is so special about turmeric?
Turmeric, also known as turmeric, is a plant of the ginger family. The root of turmeric has been used in traditional Indian medicine and cooking for centuries.
One of turmeric’s unique properties is its active ingredient, curcumin, which gives it its distinctive golden color. Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body and protect the body from free radical damage.
There is also evidence that curcumin may have beneficial effects on cognitive function, as it may help reduce the formation of amyloid beta plaques in the brain, which have been linked to the development of Alzheimer’s disease.
How to cook the golden stew?
This stew is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Follow these simple steps in our recipe card for the perfect vegan golden stew made with cauliflower florets, chickpeas and turmeric root.
A golden cauliflower stew isn’t just a simple dish, it’s a lifestyle
It’s a meal prepared with love and care, where every bite is packed with nutrients. It’s a meal that combines the benefits of turmeric and other healthy ingredients like vegetables and legumes.
By incorporating a golden stew into your diet, you can reap the numerous health benefits it offers. Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties may help reduce inflammation in the body, which is associated with many chronic diseases, including cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
In addition, vegetables and legumes contain many vitamins, minerals and fiber that are essential for a healthy diet. The golden stew can also be customized to suit each individual’s specific needs and taste preferences by adding different types of vegetables or spices.
Not only that, golden cauliflower stew is also an eco-friendly dish that can contribute to a sustainable diet. Compared to meat products, vegetables and legumes are usually much more resource-efficient and have a lower carbon footprint.
By deciding to incorporate a golden stew into your lifestyle, you can make a conscious choice for your health, well-being and the planet.
if you like Golden Cauliflower Stew, you might also like these dishes:
- golden dal made from cauliflower and chickpeas
- vegan summer salad with golden quinoa
- Ayurvedic turmeric lentil curry
- golden quinoa salad with sun dressing
- Cauliflower steaks from the oven
- vegan cauliflower and carrot tabbouleh
Golden cauliflower served on rice – a feast for the senses
- paring knife*
- Cooking pot*
- cooking spoon*
- rice cooker*
for the golden stew you need:
optional side dishes and toppings:
- 100 g natural rice
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Cashews* roasted
- cornstarch or rice flour for binding, if you like
- Cook rice according to package directions. Put aside.
- Peel and finely dice the onions and garlic. Wash the cauliflower and cut the florets into bite-sized pieces. Rinse the turmeric and cut into fine slices.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onions with the garlic until translucent. Add turmeric and sauté as well. Pour coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and add the cauliflower florets.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes until the cauliflower florets are tender. Add the chickpeas, bring to the boil and season with lemon juice.
- Place rice in preheated plates, top with soup and serve sprinkled with freshly chopped parsley.