One of the healthiest grains out there, quinoa is a wonderful way to provide your body with the nutrients it needs. This golden quinoa salad is a healthy and delicious meal that’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. The sun dressing is a simple and healthy dressing that makes the salad really tasty.
I like to call this salad summer in a bowl. Served with baked carrots and cauliflower! This quinoa salad is everything you want it to be: light, refreshing, flavorful, bold, cozy and nutritious! Loads of veggies, fresh herbs, crunch and flavor.
What is quinoa and where does it come from?
Quinoa is a fantastic ingredient for a healthy salad.
Quinoa is a pseudo-grain and is a very healthy part of the human diet. Now pseudo-grain, that is, it’s a kernel that’s eaten like a grain, but botanically it’s not a grain. It is packed with nutrients and has a high fiber content. The grains are rich in protein, fiber and antioxidants. Quinoa is also gluten-free, making it very appealing to many people on a gluten-free diet.
Quinoa is a superfood that originated in the Andes. They are small round grains that come in many different colors. It is one of the most cultivated plants in the world and is eaten by both humans and animals.
A very healthy and nutritious food that can be prepared in many different ways. Quinoa is a healthy alternative to rice and pasta, and is also gluten-free.
You may be wondering what is so healthy about quinoa.
You may already know quinoa as a healthy alternative to rice or pasta. But did you know that quinoa also offers a variety of health benefits?
Quinoa is rich in nutrients and contains all nine essential amino acids. It’s a good source of fiber, protein, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper. Quinoa may help regulate blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, and improve digestion. It’s gluten-free as it’s not a grain, making it a highly nutritious food, making it great for those with gluten intolerance, vegetarians, and vegans.
It can also reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer. Quinoa is a healthy and nutritious food to include in your diet.
Want to cook quinoa?
This short guide tells you how to do it.
First of all, you need to decide what kind of quinoa you want to cook. There is white, red and black quinoa. Most people prefer white quinoa as it tastes the mildest and is the easiest to cook. Black quinoa has a slightly heartier flavor and red quinoa has a slightly tart taste.
If you want to cook white quinoa, you will need the following ingredients:
- a portion of quinoa
- two parts water or broth
First, wash the quinoa in a colander. Then put the quinoa in a saucepan and add the water. Bring the water to a boil and let the quinoa cook for about 15 minutes.
Put the quinoa back in a colander to drain the remaining water.
if you like our quinoa salad with magical sun dressing, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan golden dal made from cauliflower and chickpeas
- heavenly avocado and blue berry salad
- Quinoa Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- easy quinoa cabbage salad
- baked kohlrabi with sesame and veto
- vegan cauliflower and carrot tabbouleh
Golden quinoa salad with sun dressing
For the roasted vegetables:
For the quinoa:
- 200 G white quinoa*
- 400 ml water
other salad ingredients:
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small Bunch of coriander
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 100 G Medjool Dates* or golden raisins, dried cranberries or cherries
- 4 tbsp. pistachios* or almonds, nuts…
- 100 G Peas TC
Oven baked vegetables:
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and cut diagonally into 2 – 3 mm thick slices. Halve large carrots lengthways first.
- Wash the cauliflower and divide into small, bite-sized florets. Cut thick stalks in a criss-cross pattern so they cook faster.
- Place the carrots and cauliflower in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Then sprinkle with cumin, turmeric, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spread vegetables out on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the carrots and cauliflower are soft and lightly golden. Halfway through cooking, turn the vegetables once.
While the veggies are roasting, you can cook your quinoa:
- In a medium saucepan, add quinoa and double the amount of water and bring to a boil. Cook covered on reduced heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and fluff it up with a fork. Put the lid back on and let the quinoa steam for another 5-10 minutes.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, ginger, turmeric, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of lukewarm water to thin the dressing a bit. It should be about the consistency of oil so that it drips easily.
Prepare remaining ingredients:
- Boil peas in boiling water for 1-2 minutes and then cool under cold water. Drain well.
- Please pit the dates with the stone and chop them coarsely.
- Rinse the parsley and coriander and shake dry. Chop coarsely.
- Lightly toast the pistachios in a pan without adding fat. Put aside.
- Cut the spring onions into thin rings.
Arranging and serving:
- When the quinoa is done cooking, place it in a large bowl.
- Take the vegetables out of the oven and let them cool down a bit.
- Add the roasted carrots and cauliflower to the quinoa along with the spring onion rings, cilantro, parsley, dates, pistachios, and peas.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
- Divide among plates or bowls and garnish with more pistachios, scallions, and freshly plucked mint.
Pin this vegan salad recipe for the “Golden Quinoa Salad with Sun Dressing” on Pinterest and cook later
Quinoa is a very healthy and nutritious grain and a great alternative to traditional salads. It is easy to prepare and tastes great both cold and warm. This quinoa salad is a delicious and easy salad idea that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. It is high in fiber, protein and healthy fatty acids and is very filling. In addition, it is very varied and can be refined with different types of vegetables, herbs and spices. This tasty salad is a healthy and filling meal that’s perfect for a hot summer day.