Welcome to today’s recipe. We show you how to make Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Soy Chili Yogurt. The recipe is quick and easy to make and tastes delicious. The sweet potatoes are sprinkled with a little oil and salt and then grilled on the grill. The soy-chili yoghurt gives the dish a nice spiciness and a delicious taste. We hope you will try and enjoy this recipe.
Grilled sweet potatoes with soy chili yoghurt are not only a great side dish, but also a vegetarian / vegan alternative if you want to grill without meat. Sweet potatoes are a very popular vegetable that can be prepared in many different ways. In this blog post we will show you a special recipe that combines grilled, baked or roasted sweet potatoes with a soy chili yoghurt sauce. The vegetables are not only delicious, but also very easy and healthy.
Health aspect of sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a special form of potato that is particularly popular in the USA. They are not only delicious but also very healthy.
Sweet potatoes contain many important nutrients that are good for your health. They contain a lot of iron, calcium, magnesium and vitamin C, among other things. Sweet potatoes also have a relatively low glycemic index, so they are also suitable for diabetics. Just try them out!
Grill sweet potatoes?
You like sweet potatoes? Then you might know that you can cook them on the grill. But how do you properly grill sweet potatoes? It’s not as difficult as you might think.
First of all, you should wash the sweet potatoes. You don’t need to peel it, but you can if you want. They are then boiled for about 10 minutes, then cut into bite-sized slices or wedges. Now put the sweet potatoes on the grill and grill them until they are done. If you like, you can brush the sweet potatoes with a little oil or butter before grilling them. They taste particularly delicious that way. In this recipe I brushed a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper and some cinnamon on the sweet potatoes. Yummy!
Grilling sweet potatoes this way will make them nice and soft.
How do you prepare soy chilli yogurt?
You prepare vegan soy chili yogurt by mixing together soy yogurt, chopped fresh chili, and some maple syrup in a bowl. If you pour the mixture into a jar and keep the yogurt in the fridge, you can prepare it days in advance. You can also use a little milk for a particularly creamy yoghurt.
I also drizzled some cilantro pesto over the sweet potatoes for a more intense cilantro flavor and some acidity from the lemons. If the coriander pesto is too much for you, mix it up
some lemon zest and lemon juice with olive oil and drizzle over the potatoes to serve.
If you like our Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Soy Chili Yoghurt, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan stuffed sweet potatoes with beetroot and avocado
- grilled romaine lettuce with tomato and olive salsa
- baked sweet potatoes with cherry salsa
- Vegetable skewers from the oven
- baked kohlrabi with sesame and veto
- Bake a rustic wild garlic baguette yourself
Grilled sweet potatoes with soy chilli yoghurt
- cutting board*
- grill pan*
For the sweet potatoes:
For the chili yoghurt dip:
- 500 G soy yoghurt
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup*
- kosher salt*
- Coriander pesto >>
- lime wedges
- small Bunch of coriander
- ½ pomegranate
To prepare sweet potatoes on the grill or in the pan:
- Wash the sweet potatoes and boil them in a pot with enough water for about 10 minutes .
- Halve the sweet potatoes lengthways and cut into wedges. They can also share particularly large specimens. But don’t cut too small and narrow, so that they don’t slip through the grate later.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil with the spices and brush the sweet potato wedges with it.
- Grill the potatoes over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side or broil them in the grill pan.
Prepare sweet potatoes in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- If you make the sweet potatoes in your oven, you don’t need to pre-cook them.
- Wash sweet potatoes, halve lengthways and cut into wedges. Mix with rapeseed oil, salt and cinnamon on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the potato wedges on it. Mix rapeseed oil, salt and cinnamon. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Mix olive oil, salt, pepper and cinnamon and brush the potatoes with it.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes .
- Wash the chili pepper, halve lengthways, deseed and finely dice.
- Mix soy yoghurt (vegetarians can of course use regular yoghurt) in a bowl with chopped chili, maple syrup and some salt. Put aside.
Arranging and serving:
- Knock the pomegranate seeds out of the shell.
- How to prepare the cilantro pesto can be found HERE .
- Wash the coriander, shake dry and roughly chop.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on plates and drizzle with the chili soy yoghurt and coriander pesto.
- Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and coriander and serve immediately.
Pin this vegan “Grilled Sweet Potatoes” recipe on Pinterest to cook later
Summer is just around the corner and with it the barbecue season. If you still don’t know what to grill, vegetables are recommended. Vegetables are healthy, tasty and diverse. There are vegetables that also taste very good on the grill. For example zucchini, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, broccoli and many others. If you want to grill vegetables, you should marinate them beforehand. That makes it even tastier. With a few herbs and spices you can let your imagination run wild. This is how vegan grilling becomes a pleasure.