Potato wedges are a popular side dish that can be served with many different dishes. They are easy to prepare and taste great. In this article we will take a closer look at potato wedges and why they are so popular. We will also see what ingredients are needed for the wedges and how best to prepare them. Finally, some tips are given so that the potato wedges turn out perfectly.
What are potato wedges?
Potato wedges are typically thicker slices or wedges of potatoes that are either fried or baked in the oven. They can be served as a side dish or snack and taste great both cold and warm. The wedges can be served with various sauces and dips and can be served with almost any dish. But they also taste great with grilled food in summer. The potato wedges are so popular because they are quick and easy to prepare.
Why Are Potato-Wedges So Popular?
Potato wedges are a popular choice because they’re easy to make and versatile. They can be eaten as an accompaniment to various main courses or as a snack and are suitable for a variety of occasions, from informal gatherings with friends to family dinners.
Another reason potato-wedges are so popular is that they’re typically considered a healthier alternative to fried fries since they’re made in the oven rather than fried in oil. They can also be easily customized by adding different spices and herbs to customize the taste.
Overall, potato wedges offer a tasty and convenient way to enjoy potatoes, making them a popular choice for many people.
Ingredients for potato-wedges
To prepare the potato-wedges, you only need a few potatoes, oil and spices to taste. The exact amounts depend, of course, on the number of people the wedges are being prepared for. There are also special wedge potatoes on the market that are already cut into thicker slices and thus make the work a little easier. But I always prefer fresh waxy potatoes, which I can turn into delicious wedges myself.
Instructions for preparing potato wedges in the oven
The preparation of the potato-wedges is very easy and only takes a few minutes. First the potatoes have to be washed and peeled (this is optional and depends entirely on your taste). They are then cut into thicker slices or wedges. The potatoes are then placed in a bowl and marinated with a little oil and the spices to taste. Then all you have to do is put the potatoes on a baking tray and bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy. The wedges can then be served warm or cold.
Tips for preparing potato wedges
To prepare the perfect potato wedges, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- If you do not peel the potatoes, they should first be washed thoroughly so that all dirt residue is removed.
- The potatoes should then be cut into thicker slices or wedges. The more consistent the cuts and sizes, the more evenly the whole thing will bake in the oven.
- The potatoes should then be placed in a bowl and mixed and marinated with a little oil and the spices to taste. Marinating these wedges gives them more flavor and absorbs the spices better.
- The marinated potatoes then only have to be placed on a baking tray and baked in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for around 30 to 40 minutes, depending on their size.
- To test whether they are already done you can try with a fork whether they are already soft enough…
If you like our potato-wedges from the oven, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Oven-baked cauliflower salad with tahini yoghurt
- Aubergine mini pizza with cashew cheese
- baked cauliflower with spicy zaatar
- roasted cauliflower on vegan mashed potatoes
- Beetroot carrot curry
- delicious cauliflower steaks from the oven with coriander pesto
Potato wedges are a popular snack or side dish option
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly, dry and cut into wedges.
- Peel the onion and also cut into wedges.
- Peel the garlic and cut into large pieces. (not too thin or it will burn)
- Wash and slice the lemon.
- Mix potatoes with all ingredients and olive oil. Season well with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Spread everything out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- For me, this works well on the top rail, then they are perfectly crispy and cooked on the inside.