Japanese Seaweed Salad is also known as Wakame Goma. It is as old as the tradition of the Japanese cook. There are different versions of wakame goma, but the main ingredients are seaweed wakame, sesame oil goma, sesame seed goma, salt, sugar, and the peeled and crushed ginger. Wakame Goma is a diet that is both healthy and delicious. This is also the current vegan diet trend.
Wakame Goma (Japanese seaweed salad) is a popular ingredient in Japanese cuisine and is popular in Asia and the United States. Goma is a Japanese term and means sweet and is reminiscent of the peanut nut cream (peanutbutter) Maybe this combo makes the recipes something special.
Wakame – the healthy seaweed
Wakame is a high-quality seaweed that the Japanese traditionally serve with rice, fish and salad. This seaweed is a daily food for the people of Japan. Wakame is a fantastic flavor for both vegan, vegetarian and meat lovers.
In Japan, wakame is used as a spice in food, in soups, in sweets and in vegetables. There are several ways to prepare wakame. You can incorporate it into pasta, rice or desserts. Wakame is very healthy as it contains many vitamins, minerals and iodine.
More Fresh Salad Recipes Like Japanese Seaweed Salad You May Love:
- Beetroot chickpea salad with zaatar
- Masala baked potatoes with yoghurt and tamarind
- light pan-fried vegetables with grilled cheese
- Quinoa barley salad with dates vegan
- vegan mediterranean chickpea salad
- rich deluxe summer salad
Japanese seaweed salad
- kitchen grater*
- Place the seaweed in a bowl to soak and cover with water. Leave for about 10 minutes and they should be rehydrated again.
- While the seaweed is soaking, prepare the dressing.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger and garlic.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, sugar, grated ginger, grated garlic, sesame oil, and the red pepper flakes. Set aside for later.
Let’s continue with the salad:
- Once the seaweed is rehydrated, put it in a colander and rinse well. Try to remove as much moisture as possible or squeeze out the seaweed if necessary.
- Cut large algae into small pieces.
- Cut the cucumber with the peel into fine strips.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a pan without adding fat.
- Now mix the seaweed, cucumber strips and sesame seeds in a bowl with the dressing.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (1 hour is better) and let stand.
- Sprinkle with more sesame seeds to serve.