Maybe it’s the fruity note of the mango, but I think this mango rocket salad is quite demanding on the palate.
Low carb & side salads
There are several reasons why people following low carb diets should eat side dishes with salads. The main ones are that low carb diets entail low carb eating, which should be combined with better weight control and a healthier lifestyle. You shouldn’t think of low carb dieting as an end in itself, but as part of a larger concept if you want to optimize your weight management.
Side salads are a delicious meal that will help you diversify your diet. The main ingredient of a side dish of salads is vegetables, sometimes along with other foods. So you can experience completely new flavors with little effort.
Although the amount of vegetables used can vary, there are some guidelines to keep in mind:
1. Use vegetables in different shapes (e.g. florets, slices, cubes)
2. Use different kinds of vegetables and/or fruits
3. Use different flavored vegetables
So now we have the rules for delicious side salads, but how are we supposed to make a simple version? This salad recipe is a quick and easy example…
Health is a big issue in our society. When I saw on an online forum how many people are seriously concerned with their nutritional balance, I realized that many people eat salads to eat healthy.
But what about the salads that aren’t healthy? Which, for example, contain many different high-calorie ingredients. The ones that always have a lot of ham in them, or the ones that are just dressing. The ones made with lots of fat mayonnaise. These salads are not really healthy and really only an alternative if you don’t have time to cook something healthy and special yourself!
Here you will find more delicious recipes for healthy salads that you can prepare in no time:
- Potato salad with coriander pesto
- Sweet potato salad with hummus and rocket
- quick mango pickles
- Quinoa barley salad with dates vegan
- Fruity salad with mango and avocado
- rich deluxe summer salad
Today we are going to make Mango Rocket Salad which could be a delicious vegan side dish recipe for you!
Mango Rocket Salad
- 100 G arugula
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado alternatively cucumber
- Cranberry* or pomegranate seeds
- small bunch of mint
- small Bunch of coriander
For the dressing:
- 1 juice of a lime
- 1 tbsp. agave syrup* maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp. walnut oil
- Red onion
- Wash the arugula well and spin dry.
- Peel the mango, cut in half, cut just off the core and cut the flesh into long pieces.
- Halve the avocado, deseed, peel off the peel and also cut into long slices.
- Peel the red onion and cut into pieces. (optional)
- Pluck the mint and coriander leaves from the stems.
- In a larger bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Now add the prepared ingredients for the dressing to the bowl and mix gently to marinate.
Arranging and serving:
- Spread the salad on plates and serve immediately, sprinkled with cranberries or pomegranate seeds.