This dish is a delicious combination of creamy soba noodles with marinated beets. The noodles are perfect as a main course or as an accompaniment to an Asian dish. The beets provide a delicious sour note and a beautiful colour. This dish is easy and quick to prepare and tastes both fresh and the next day.
Marinated beets served over soba noodles
Soba noodles are a type of Japanese noodle made from buckwheat flour. They are particularly popular because they have a delicious, creamy taste. They are very tasty and easy to prepare.
Soba noodles are a popular Asian dish that can be prepared in many different ways. One of the most popular variations is the marinated beetroot version. This dish is not only tasty, but also very healthy. The beetroot contains many important vitamins and nutrients that are good for our body. The soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and are therefore gluten-free. So this dish is perfect for anyone who has switched to gluten-free food or wants to follow a gluten-free diet.
These delicious soba noodles with marinated beetroot are very healthy and simply taste delicious. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
This delicious pasta salad recipe is that easy
- First you should cut the cooked beetroot into cubes. Then put the cubes in a bowl and marinate them with soy sauce, rice vinegar and maple syrup or honey.
- Let the beets marinate for at least an hour to allow them to fully infuse.
- While the beets are marinating, you can cook the soba noodles. Just follow the directions on the pack.
- Once the noodles are done, you can sprinkle the marinated beetroot on top.
- Put the pasta in a bowl and serve lukewarm or cold.
- Some creamy avocado and crunchy radishes and/or radishes add even more color and texture to your bowl.
Enjoy your homemade creamy soba noodles with Asian marinated beets!
if you like our vegan marinated beets over soba noodles, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Green tea soba with cucumber and edamame
- Soba noodle bowl with Asian flavors
- Beetroot and chickpea salad with zaatar
- Beetroot and fennel salad on radicchio
- Sweet Potato – Power Food Combination
- Beetroot and chickpea salad with yoghurt sauce
Boiled, baked or cooked beetroot from the supermarket
Cooking Beets: When cooking beets, be careful not to overcook them or they will become too soft. Beets are best when they still have some bite.
Clean the beetroot, do not peel or cut into the tuber. Wash off dirt residues under cold running water. Put the beets in a pot, fill with water and cook the vegetables for 30-40 minutes, depending on their size. If at all (we’ll season the marinade later), salt is only added towards the end, so that the salt cannot take away the wonderful red color.
Bake beets: You can also bake the beets for more flavor. This is also my preferred variant. Baking has the advantage that the color is perfectly preserved and the aroma is incomparably delicious.
This is how beetroot is baked in the oven. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Wash beetroot. If present, cut off the base of the leaves. Place the unpeeled beets in a fireproof bowl, fill with about 1-2 cm of water and cover with aluminum foil or a suitable lid and cook in the oven for one to one and a half hours.
Ready-cooked beetroot from the supermarket: Beetroot is also very cheap and you can buy it in many supermarkets. Beetroot is ideal for people who don’t have much time because it is prepared very quickly. The beetroot is already cooked, vacuum-packed or diced in a jar (but I wouldn’t use this variety for this dish, as they are often already seasoned). Otherwise, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the meal without having to spend long in the kitchen.
So delicious! Marinated beetroot served over soba noodles
For the salad:
- 3-4 beetroot approx. 500 g, bought boiled, baked or cooked
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small Bunch of coriander
- 2 tbsp. sesame black/white
- 1 nori sheets
Marinade for the beetroot:
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 1 ½ tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh ginger
- juice of a lime
- 2-3 tsp. of maple syrup or honey, sugar…
- ¼ tsp. Chilli flakes* optional
Optional side dishes:
- Lettuce of your choice as a base in the bowl
- white radish
- Put the beetroot cubes in a saucepan with water and salt. Simmer over low heat until lightly forked and tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove the beets from the heat, drain off the remaining water and place in a bowl.
- While the beets are simmering, whisk the dressing together. Mix the beets with the poke marinade while they are still warm.
- Mix beetroot with marinade. Mix in the spring onions and coriander. Set aside for at least an hour to marinate.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a dry pan.
- Cut the nori sheets into narrow strips with scissors.
- Prepare soba noodles according to package directions.
- Season marinated beets with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Place the soba noodles on a plate or in a bowl and top with the marinated beetroot. (if you want to put some lettuce underneath)
- Cut radishes into thin slices and garnish your salad with a sliced avocado.
- Before serving, drizzle over the remaining marinade and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and strips of seaweed.