Oriental fried oatmeal with vegetables is a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to inspire and delight! Rich in flavor and texture, the combination of the chewy oatmeal and the crunchy vegetables is truly a pleasure to behold.
Oatmeal with a difference
Do you know oatmeal from the breakfast table as muesli or porridge? You can do a lot more with it. Try our fried oat flakes with fresh vegetables and aromatic spices from the Orient.
Oriental fried oatmeal with vegetables – Bon appétit!
Not only is it incredibly tasty, it is also incredibly healthful. Packed with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients, this dish is sure to provide your body with the nourishment it needs. The best part is that it takes minimal effort to prepare and is extremely versatile, allowing you to customize it to your liking.
Whether you prefer to include more vegetables or less oatmeal, the possibilities are endless. With oriental fried oatmeal with vegetables, you can easily create a meal that is both nourishing and satisfying. So, why not give it a try?
Inspire yourself and your taste buds with this nutritious and delicious dish!
Oriental fried oatmeal with vegetables
- 100 G Wholegrain oatmeal
- 200 G zucchini
- 120 G carrots
- 50 G sugar snap
- 50 G Cashews*
- 40 G golden raisins*
- 2 spring onions
- 50 ml water
- 3 tbsp. Peanut oil*
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil*
- 2 tbsp. Soy sauce*
- 2 lime leaves
- ½ red chili pepper milder with hot peppers
- 1 tsp. Ginger*
- ½ tsp. mustard seeds*
- ½ tsp. Turmeric*
- ½ tsp. garam masala*
- 1 small Bunch of coriander
- kosher salt*
- Soak oatmeal in water for about 3 minutes . Pour through a sieve and drain well.
- Wash zucchini and cut into cubes of about 1 cm.
- Peel the carrots, cut lengthwise into narrow slices and then cut into diamonds about 1 to 2 cm long.
- Wash sugar snap peas and cut in half diagonally.
- Wash the spring onions and cut into fine rings. Set aside the white and green separately.
- Roast the cashew nuts in a pan without adding fat until golden brown.
- Rinse raisins.
- Halve the chili or, for the milder version, the pepperoni, deseed, remove the separating membrane and finely dice.
- Finely chop the lime leaves down to the stem.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- Heat peanut oil in a pan. Fry the carrot diamonds, rolled oats and the whites of the spring onions for about 3 minutes .
- Then add the mustard seeds and ginger and fry. When the mustard seeds start popping, add diced zucchini and sugar snap peas to the pan. Barten everything for another 2 minutes .
- Reduce the heat a little. Add the chili, turmeric, garam masala and raisins to the pan and deglaze with the soy sauce and water. Let it boil down briefly.
- Finally stir in the chopped lime leaves and the green of the spring onions and drizzle with the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the fried oats with vegetables on plates or in bowls. Serve sprinkled with cashew nuts and chopped coriander leaves.
Cooking vegan can be a creative, inspiring, and delicious journey. Take this vegan aromatic stir-fry with oat flakes and vegetables with oriental spices as an example. This dish is easy to make and can be ready in no time. Just take a few minutes to prep the ingredients, then heat a pan, add a tablespoon of oil, and let the spices sizzle. Add the oat flakes and let them fry until golden. Then, add the vegetables and stir-fry them until they become crisp-tender. Finally, season with your favorite oriental spices, and dinner is ready!
Enjoy this delicious, healthy vegan dinner that will fill you with energy and inspiration. Bon appétit!