Cooking oriental pasta with halloumi and fried aubergines is a great way to combine the succulent flavors of the Middle East with the comforting pasta dishes of the West.
The Halloumi adds a salty and slightly sharp taste to the dish, while the aubergines give it a hint of smokiness. The pasta itself is a canvas for the flavors of the dish, and can be cooked al dente or softened further to absorb the flavors of the other ingredients.
This dish is an amazing way to bring together the best of both worlds – the Mediterranean and the Orient – in one delicious meal. By combining the flavors of the East with the comfort of the West, you are creating something truly special. The resulting dish is sure to be a hit with your family or dinner guests and will surely leave them inspired and wanting more.
You could also call it oriental eggplant pasta
This delicious dish of oriental pasta with halloumi and fried aubergines is a unique and flavorful combination of sautéed eggplant, bold spices, and flavorful herbs. The result is a mouth-watering medley of textures and flavors that is sure to tantalize the taste buds.
The aromas of the spices, herbs, and eggplant will fill the kitchen and draw everyone to the table. The combination of flavors and textures makes this a truly inspiring dish that will leave you wanting more. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and memorable meal that your family and friends will love.
So, don’t be afraid to take a chance and try something new and exciting. You’ll be glad you did!
oriental pasta with halloumi and fried aubergines
- 500 G pasta* short
- 6 el native olive oil*
- 40 G golden raisins*
- 2 eggplants
- 1 small bunch of mint
- 2 Red onions
- 100 G halloumi
- 3 el butter
- ½ tsp Ras el Hanout Arabic spice mix
- kosher salt*
- Pepper* from the mill
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. After draining, drain well and toss with two tablespoons of olive oil. (so they don’t stick together later)
- Soak the raisins in lukewarm water for about 15 minutes. Then drain well.
- Wash the aubergines and roughly chop them.
- Peel the red onions and cut into wedges.
- Dice the halloumi.
- Wash the mint, shake dry and pluck off the leaves.
- Heat olive oil in a wide pan, sauté onions, halloumi and aubergines until golden brown.
- Add the butter to the pan along with the raisins and pasta and toss.
- Once the butter has melted, season with salt, ras el hanout and pepper.
- Serve oriental pasta in deep plates or bowls. Serve sprinkled with the fresh mint leaves.