Roasted Oven Brussels sprouts on pea and bean hummus are now one of our winter specialties! In today’s fast-paced world, it is more and more important that we use our time well. It’s not just about work, it’s also about food. There are so many different and delicious dishes that we can cook in no time. In this article, we want to introduce you to a recipe for baked Brussels sprouts on pea and bean hummus. This winter vegetable bowl is not only delicious, but also very healthy.
Oven vegetables – Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes quickly and easily from the oven
Do you like Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes? Then try to prepare these two types of vegetables quickly and easily from the oven. You only need about 20 minutes for this.
For the Brussels sprouts, first cut off the ends and then remove the outer leaves. Wash the sweet potatoes and cut them into slices about 2 cm thick. Now spread the vegetables in a casserole dish and pour some olive oil over them. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Now preheat the oven to 200 degrees and bake the vegetables for about 20 minutes. You will see: The result is impressive!
The two vegetables are served on homemade bean and pea hummus. The result is a delicious, lukewarm, vitamin-rich and healthy salad that also looks very good. I hope you will try and enjoy this recipe.
Bean and Pea Hummus
Would you also like to enjoy a delicious and healthy homemade bean and pea hummus quickly and easily? Then just follow this recipe:
- 300 g peas fresh or frozen
- 250 g cannellini beans or white beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4-6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cumin
- kosher salt
- small bunch of mint
- Drain the beans through a sieve and rinse well.
- Peel and coarsely chop the garlic.
- Rinse mint and shake dry. Pluck the leaves from the stems.
- Finely puree everything together with the tahini, lemon juice and water in a blender.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and cumin.
Your homemade hummus is ready! You can of course vary the hummus with other ingredients, depending on your taste. Try adding some chili or coriander!
If you like our Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes on peas and beans hummus, then these recipes might inspire you:
- Spanish Pimientos de Patron easy vegan finger food. You will love these fantastic Spanish fried peppers.
- Stuffed sweet potatoes with beetroot and avocado are a healthy and delicious side dish that you can serve as a main course or as an appetizer…
- baked sweet potatoes with cherry salsa Summery grilled or baked sweet potatoes with cherry salsa. Vegan, fruity and spicy for the oven or barbecue in the garden.
- Brussels sprouts and chickpeas curry This recipe for the Brussels sprouts and chickpeas curry is a real vegan winter dish with warming aromas from the Orient and Asia.
- Peanut Brussels Sprouts on Black Miso Rice In our suggested recipe for peanut Brussels sprouts on black miso rice, we let wintry Brussels sprouts shine with Asian flavors.
- baked sweet potatoes with beet and feto topping Fresh beetroot, the classic autumn and winter vegetable, together with fried feto cubes on smashed sweet potatoes from the oven… vegan & yummy
Oven Brussels Sprouts on Pea and Bean Hummus
Toppings and optional ingredients:
- soy yoghurt
- Walnut kernels* roasted
- small bunch of mint
- Herbs such as parsley, cress, basil, chervil…
- Prepare bean and pea hummus according to this recipe .
Bake Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to around 200°C.
- Clean the Brussels sprouts, removing the unsightly outer leaves and the stalk. Then cut large specimens in half.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into cubes (about 1×1 cm).
- Peel onions and cut into wedges.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, chili flakes, agave syrup, and vinegar. Add the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes and mix until well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the vegetables on it.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over half the lemon juice.
- Bake the Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. In my oven, I actually put the tray on the top shelf, otherwise the veggies will be soft before they get the crispy edges that make them so delicious. Give it a try yourself, but keep a close eye on everything the first time.
- Hummus already ready? Yes, then we can almost serve.
- Spread hummus on a plate and arrange the roasted vegetables on or around it.
- Decorate with fresh mint and/or herbs, cress…
- Finally, spread the roasted walnuts, a few dabs of refreshing soy yoghurt on top and enjoy with flatbread.
Pin the recipe for the Roasted Brussels Sprouts on Pea and Bean Hummus on Pinterest and cook later!
The vegan cuisine is varied and offers something for every taste. Especially in the cold season, you can conjure up a delicious meal with simple vegan dishes. It is particularly important to use seasonal vegetables from the region. So the food not only tastes good, but also feels good. A delicious vegan winter dish that can definitely be recommended is our baked Brussels sprouts on pea and bean hummus.