Pasta with ricotta pumpkin cream – Pasta served in the colors of autumn, with an intense and creamy pumpkin and ricotta sauce.
This originally Neapolitan pumpkin recipe is one of the most typical flavors of autumn and winter. Thanks to its unmistakable taste, it is an excellent ingredient for both sweet and savory recipes. Pumpkin can be used to prepare many different dishes, from baked pumpkin to delicious desserts or cakes.
Today we offer the pumpkin as the champion of a delicious dish with an irresistibly creamy and intense autumn taste. Noodles in creamy ricotta-pumpkin cream are pumpkin as natural as it gets. Seasoned only with salt and pepper before combining with ricotta to become a creamy and flavorful sauce. A rustic, vegetarian and delicious pasta recipe that you can prepare as an original, sustainable and rich dish. Surprise your guests with a colorful autumn dish.
An intriguing blend with a rich taste, ideal for a lunch or dinner with a real cozy atmosphere for adults and especially for children.
Store pasta in creamy ricotta-pumpkin
You can store the pasta, along with the squash, in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. We would not recommend freezing.
Pumpkins, which are usually preferred for this type of dish, are slightly tasteless, unlike the classic ones. Precisely because they are flavored by frying, they are very tasty and ideal for processing in this dish. In short, the choice is yours. The pasta, on the other hand, must be short shapes such as: penne, farfalle, fusilli, strozzapreti, oricchette, ruote or etc. This is because they absorb the sauce better if they’re pierced or devoured inside.
If you like, you can substitute parsley for the rosemary. And grated Parmesan or Pecorino over the pasta gives the dish a special twist!
If you like our Pasta with ricotta pumpkin cream, you may also be interested in these recipes:
- TexMex pasta salad with creamy chipotle dressing
- Fruity summer salad with mango and avocado
- Tortellonie with truffle filling on burrata cream
- Fall salad with quinoa and seasonal vegetables
- Zoodles with fresh chanterelles
- more pasta recipes
Pasta with ricotta pumpkin cream
- 320 G pasta* Farfalle, penne, orecchiette, macaroni…
- 600 G pumpkin Butternut, Hokkaido
- 150 ml vegetable broth
- 3-4 tbsp. native olive oil*
- 50 G Ricotta*
- 2 shallots
- 1 branch rosemary
- kosher salt*
- Black pepper*
- pumpkin seeds*
- Halve the pumpkin and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. You should now peel all pumpkin varieties except the Hokkaido. Then cut into rough pieces.
- Briefly roast the pumpkin seeds in a pan without adding fat. Put aside.
- Peel and finely chop the shallots.
- Heat the olive oil and the rosemary sprig in a saucepan and sauté the shallots in it, stirring until translucent.
- When the shallots are ready and the rosemary sprig is lightly browned, remove the rosemary from the pot and add the pumpkin pieces to the pot. Mix everything and sauté briefly.
- Season with pepper and salt and cover with the vegetable broth. Let cook for about 15 to 20 minutes .
- Meanwhile, bring the pasta water to a boil in a second pot. Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- If the pumpkin is soft but still al dente, take about ⅔ of the pumpkin and put it in a blender. Puree and mix with the ricotta.
- Return the pureed squash to the pot and stir well. Taste and adjust the creaminess with a little pasta water if necessary.
- When the noodles are al dente, drain them and add them to the pan, dripping wet. Mix well so the pasta absorbs the sauce.
- Now you can serve the noodles with pumpkin and enjoy sprinkled with roasted pumpkin seeds!