As a vegetarian or vegan, it is difficult to avoid quinoa. But not only because it is a superfood and healthy, but also because it is everywhere in our everyday dishes and recipes.
These dishes include this quinoa and cauliflower salad with lemon dressing, which I would like to report about here in this blog post.
Radicchio resembles a small delicate red cabbage. The dark red leaves with contrasting white ribs are smooth and crisp. When cooked, radicchio leaves’ vibrant red color fades to a dark brown hue, their bitter flavor softening and taking on more of a subtle sweetness.
Radicchio is available all year round. The main season begins in mid-winter and lasts until early spring. Radicchio can be cooked (this brings out the natural sweetness) but it can also be served fresh. It can be chopped, sautéed, or grilled in half. Fresh leaves are strong enough to use as a bowl or as a wrap.
In Italy, radicchio is traditionally added to risottos and tomato sauces, or simply grilled and dressed in olive oil. The bitter taste of radicchio goes well with sweet, sour, fatty and salty side dishes such as citrus fruits, pears, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, nut oils, dressings, cheese and sauces.
Store in a cool, dry place for one to two weeks.
Quinoa was discovered in Peru. But once it arrived in Europe, it went from being a nutrient source to a coveted early-growth gift. Quinoa is now one of the most widely used grains in the world. Quinoa is rich in amino acids, minerals and fiber. In addition to being a strictly vegetarian diet, quinoa is known as one of the gluten-free alternatives to grains.
Quinoa is a popular substitute for traditional grains in many vegan dishes due to its high nutritional content. Delicious quinoa recipes are gaining popularity as it is not only versatile but also easy to make. Also known as Inca beet pulp, quinoa is a healthy alternative to potatoes, rice or other main meals. It is a good source of iron, calcium, protein and sometimes vitamin B-12. Quinoa is also a popular alternative for vegetarians, vegan diets and diets.
Cauliflower is a delicious vegetable that can be found year-round. The different colors of cauliflower indicate the different regions of origin: white cauliflower comes from Greece, green cauliflower from Italy, yellow cauliflower from Korea and brown cauliflower from China. The white cauliflower is prepared superficially, the green cauliflower is prepared raw, the yellow cauliflower is prepared in butter, the brown cauliflower is prepared with oil.
Cauliflower is also high in fiber-rich carbohydrates and low in calories, making for a nutritionally good diet. Rich in vitamin A and vitamin C as well as minerals.
Let’s talk cauliflower rice!
Have you ever heard of cauliflower rice? This is a type of rice made from cauliflower. That means it’s not rice with cauliflower.
It’s a delicious, low-carb substitute for regular rice in bowls, stir-fries, burritos, and more.
So what is cauliflower rice? Simple – cauliflower pulsed in a food processor or blender until formed into small granules. These are then about the size of rice.
Is cauliflower rice as good as rice? Not on its own, but it’s a great base product in terms of health and texture very close to rice. When seasoned well and used in a recipe with other great flavors and textures, it’s delicious.
How is cauliflower rice made?
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces along with the stalk.
- Place in a food processor or blender with the “Pulse” function. (I use the crushed ice function on mine)
- Pulse until the cauliflower resembles the texture of rice. Work in smaller batches and be careful not to use too much or it will become mushy.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate the cauliflower with a coarse kitchen grater.
Here you will find more delicious recipes with cauliflower and quinoa that you can prepare in no time:
- Potato Cauliflower Salad
- golden dal made from cauliflower and chickpeas
- Whole baked cauliflower
- Quinoa barley salad with dates vegan
- Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa Vegetable Soup
Quinoa Cauliflower Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Cooking pot*
For the salad:
- 1-2 radicchio
- 1 cauliflower
- 100 G white quinoa* golden
- 50 G almonds* in sticks or roughly chopped
- 50 G pine nuts*
- 5 tbsp. native olive oil*
- 1 Red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 G arugula
- 1 small Bunch of fresh basil
- 1 small bunch of tarragon
- 50 G Cranberry* dried
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- zest of half a lemon
- kosher salt*
- Pepper* from the mill
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions and allow to cool.
- Wash the cauliflower, drain well and cut into small florets. Cut the stalk into small cubes.
- Carefully chop the cauliflower florets in a blender with the pulse function. Also chop up the stalk separately in the blender with the pulse function.
- In a large skillet, add 3 tablespoons olive oil and toast the cauliflower rice until golden brown, about 10 minutes. If it tastes nutty, it’s done.
- Roast the almonds and pine nuts in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until golden brown and leave to cool on paper towels.
- Wash the herbs and pluck the leaves from the stems. Don’t chop too finely.
- Roughly chop the dried cherries with a knife.
- Separate the radicchio leaves from the stalk and wash them in lukewarm water (this will make the radicchio less bitter).
- Mix cauliflower with quinoa and all other ingredients. Season with salt, pepper and lemon.
- Arrange the radicchio on plates or platter and serve the cauliflower rice salad on top.
Pin this high protein quinoa cauliflower salad recipe to Pinterest to cook later
The vegan diet has become increasingly popular in recent years and vegan restaurants can now be found in every major city. The reasons that lead vegans to live vegan are very different: some choose a vegan diet for health reasons, others for climate protection, to resist the consumer economy or to put an end to animal discrimination.
A vegan diet is also the ideal diet for people struggling with other nutritional issues such as diabetes, obesity or gluten intolerance.
One of the world’s biggest challenges is people’s response to new diets that mean different lifestyles, and vegan diets