Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing – it’s creamy, savory, slightly sweet and just a touch sour. The peanut dressing coats the buckwheat noodles and fresh vegetables without weighing anything down. And best of all, this salad can satisfy your lunch or dinner cravings. It also makes a great accompaniment to Asian food, summer barbecues or wherever you need a refreshing noodle salad. It’s a light, vegan and gluten-free pasta salad.
In case you don’t know soba noodles yet
Are they delicious and made from buckwheat. They’re a great source of protein and I highly recommend trying them out.
These noodles are also ideal as a main course or as a simple side dish and go well with all sorts of things such as grilled vegetables, in Asian soups or, of course, in tasty salads.
Try and experiment with a wide variety of ingredients. This soba noodle salad is quite flexible…
- Add more vegetables: how about some grated carrots, diced avocados, green peas, finely chopped red cabbage or colorful strips of peppers…
- More Protein: If it doesn’t have to be vegetarian or vegan, some of the options would be boiled or seared salmon, shrimp or mussels. Inserts for vegans like tofu or tempeh would certainly harmonize with these noodles.
- Herbs: Cilantro haters use parsley or basil. Add finely chopped mint for a little freshness.
- Gluten-free: Soba noodles are actually made from buckwheat, but make sure they’re certified gluten-free. Many pastas have a certain amount of wheat. If you want to make this gluten-free salad, you also need to make sure to use gluten-free tamari instead of soy sauce.
- Hot and Spicy: If you love to spice up your salad, maybe use Sriracha, Thai Bird Chiles or a pinch of cayenne pepper to spice up the peanut sauce.
- Noodles: If soba noodles aren’t your thing, you can substitute an equal amount of your other favorite noodles.
If you like our Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing, you might also love these recipes:
- Pasta in creamy ricotta pumpkin cream
- spicy beetroot and carrot curry
- Fall salad with quinoa and seasonal vegetables
- Potato salad with coriander pesto
- vegan zucchini carrot fritters
- more salad recipes…
Peanut Soba Noodle Salad
- 250 G soba noodles*
- 2 mini cucumber or cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small Bunch of coriander
- 150 G Edamame
- sesame black/white*
- 200 G Peanut butter*
- juice of a lime
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce*
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar*
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup* agave syrup
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil*
- ½ tsp Ginger* ground
- Cook soba noodles al dente according to package directions (about 3 minutes). Drain through a sieve and cool and rinse with cold water. Put aside.
- Blanch edamame in boiling, lightly salted water for 2-3 minutes. Cool under cold running water and set aside.
- Wash the spring onions and cut into fine rings.
- Wash the cucumber and cut into thin slices.
- Rinse the cilantro, shake dry and roughly chop.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a pan without adding fat.
- For the peanut sauce, whisk all ingredients together until smooth and slightly thick. Add a tablespoon or two of water if necessary.
- Gently mix all prepared ingredients (without sesame) with the peanut sauce in a large bowl. If necessary, add extra soy sauce to taste and season.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.