Spelled and pearl barley summer salad with roasted vegetables
The spelled barley salad with vegetables is a simple, light, rich in fresh and colorful vegetables. In short, the perfect dish for summer. It can also be eaten as a main meal, especially when you don’t really want to spend too much time on the stove at higher temperatures or when preparing hot and difficult to digest dishes.
The spelled and pearl barley salad with roasted vegetables is almost a bit like classic rice salad or more generally for all grain salads. It can be varied and adjusted as you wish. In particular, vegetables are selected in variations that give the dish an intense flavor without weighing it down, but still give it authenticity. In addition to the veggies, I added some mini mozzarella balls to complete the dish and give it even more freshness and nutritiousness. As for vegetables, you can clearly choose those that you like the most. I always like to choose between different varieties to get a colorful dish. It should always be very inviting and bring a lot of joy to the table.
Spelled and pearl barley salad is also the perfect dish for a lunch that you can not only eat at home. Feel free to take the grain salad with you to the beach, the lake, the mountains or even to the office. In this recipe you’ll find the rustic blend of spelled and pearl barley flavors that are delicious on their own and even more appealing combined. A dish that is prepared in no time and must be loved as a cold and tasty dish, especially in the warmer seasons. Delight friends and family with this delicious Mediterranean recipe.
Quinoa and Barley Salad
- 100 G pearl barley*
- 100 G red quinoa* or gold black…
- 200 G Chickpeas* can
- 1 pointed peppers red
- 2 tomatoes
- 100 G Medjool Dates*
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 shallot or spring onions
- 1 juice of a lemon or apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt*
- Pepper* from the mill
- Cook pearl barley and quinoa in lightly salted water according to directions.
- Allow cooked quinoa and pearl barley to cool in the refrigerator. Stir occasionally.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. Drain well.
- Wash the pointed peppers, halve, deseed, remove the white membrane and cut into small cubes.
- If necessary, pit the dates and cut into small pieces.
- Wash parsley and shake dry. Then chop well.
- Also clean the spring onions and cut into fine rings.
- Core the tomatoes and cut into small cubes.
- Mix all ingredients with quinoa and pearl barley. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Let the salad stand for a while, then it tastes best.
- Enjoy your meal!