Next time you’re craving sushi, try this easy recipe for making a sushi bowl over flavorful tea rice. Amaze yourself or your friends with your extraordinary cooking skills (even if there is not much to cook here). This delicious salad bowl will definitely satisfy all your sushi cravings.
Why now Sushi Bowl?
Sushi bowls have been present in all social media for a long time now. Sushi bowls are also often referred to as poke bowls. So if you’ve never heard of sushi bowls, you should at least have heard of the word poke bowl by now. There are plenty of them on Instagram , but also more and more often on the menus of Asian restaurants. The word poke is a Hawaiian word meaning “to cut or chop”. On the poke bowl, it refers to chunks of sliced and marinated fish tossed on rice and flavored with sauce.
Serve the sushi bowl cold or warm on aromatic tea rice?
Common sushi rolls are served and eaten cold or at room temperature. Sushi rice should be neither too hot nor too cold. In addition, warm rice does not taste right and rice that is too cold is too chewy. Sushi rolls layered in a bowl is the simplified way to enjoy all the flavors of Japanese sushi in a fraction of the time. You get a hearty bowl of sushi rice with so many delicious flavors and textures. Who could resist? It’s so easy to cut everything up, then layer individual bowls together and serve. No meticulous cutting and rolling, just slice, dice, dress and boom. Complete! Dinner or lunch will be served.
What ingredients does a sushi bowl contain?
For our sushi bowl on aromatic tea rice, we used a selection of vegetables, pickled ginger and salads.
- spiced tea rice (which is really that easy to prepare, by the way)
- radish and radish
- creamy avocado
- fresh crunchy sprouts
- Asian seaweed salad
- toasted sesame seeds
if you like our sushi bowl on aromatic tea rice, you may also be enthusiastic about these recipes:
- Udon Noodle Soup
- Teriyaki Baked Japanese Eggplant
- Japanese soup with vegan dashi
- japanese vegan sushi flavored salad
- vegan tomato and bean salad with fresh peach
- more salad recipes…
vegan sushi bowl on aromatic tea rice
For the sushi bowl:
- 250 grams brown rice* natural, brown, …
- 1 bag green tea organic
- 4 tablespoon rice vinegar*
- 2 tablespoon rice syrup* brown or agave syrup
- 0,5 tsp Sea-salt*
- 0,5 cucumber
- 3 carrots
- 4 radish
- 4 tsp Sesame oil* roasted
- 2 tsp black sesame*
- 200 grams Edamame
- 2 avocado
- sesame black/white*
- 4 tablespoon pickled ginger
- Soy sauce* at will
- small Bunch of coriander at will
- cress at will
- seaweed salad at will
- sprouts at will
- Rinse the brown rice well and bring to a boil in a saucepan with 1.5 times as much water as rice. Cut open the tea bag with green tea and put it in the rice pot. Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down to low and let the rice cook gently for about 15 minutes with the lid closed, until the water has completely evaporated or has soaked into the rice.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the vegetables as follows. Cut the cucumber, radishes and carrots (peeled) into wafer-thin slices.
- Blanch edamame in boiling, lightly salted water for 3 minutes.
- When the rice is done cooking and has absorbed all the water, whisk rice syrup with rice vinegar and salt. Put this mixture under the rice.
- Once the rice is done, assemble the sushi bowl with all the veggies.
- Top everything with sesame and pickled ginger.
- Serve with extra soy sauce.