Sweet potato bowl – power food combination. This is one of my favorite recipes I’ve made lately. To make this delicious power bowl, you need the following ingredients: vegetable broth, olive oil, arugula, baby spinach, agave syrup, salt, fresh parsley, a lemon, eggs (one per bowl), 2-3 cloves of garlic, 2 sweet potatoes, cooked brown rice, ground turmeric, and pistachios.
The highlight of this delicious “bowl” is the delicious mashed sweet potatoes with turmeric. Many tout the health benefits of turmeric for all types of ailments: “Deep within the plant’s bright yellow roots lies an extraordinarily powerful compound called curcumin, which has the unique ability to block an anti-inflammatory enzyme while counteracting damage to highly sensitive vital organs like the brain and heart.” Sometimes it’s hard to separate fact from hype, but why not add a bit of turmeric to our cooking? Turmeric gives these sweet potatoes a wonderful color and subtle flavor.
How to poach an egg
Perfect Poached Eggs – So what you’re looking for is a smooth ball of tender egg whites encasing a soft yolk that spills out gently when cut. What could be more tempting than this simple pleasure – ergo, it’s no wonder Instagram is crammed with videos of leaking eggs.
We’ve got the restaurant twist here for those interested in reaching that perfect sphere. You need a deep pan or saucepan. Plus a skimmer.
How to make perfect poached eggs
- Make sure your eggs are really fresh. Fresh eggs have a thicker white around the yolk that retains its round shape as it cooks. You can tell how fresh an egg is by placing it in a glass of water, and if it’s lying sideways, it’s very fresh. If it starts to float or even stands up at the end, it is less fresh. So if your egg isn’t that fresh anymore, crack it in a bowl and let the more runny egg white drain.
- Crack your egg into a bowl, ladle, or saucer to make it easier to slide into the water. If the thicker white is surrounded by very runny egg white, tip it off.
- Add two drops of vinegar to the water.
- Your pan or pot should be at least 5 cm deep. Bring the water to a boil. Please do not add salt as this can break down the egg whites.
- Stir the water to create a gentle vortex, which will help the egg white wrap around the yolk.
- Slowly let the egg run into the center. The heat should be low enough not to toss the egg around – so little bubbles should rise up.
- Simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Scoop out the egg with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
if you like our sweet potato bowl, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- Ayurvedic turmeric and lentil curry
- Indian Ghugni Chaat
- Ayurvedic pickle curry
- fruity summer salad with mango and avocado
- falafel recipe
Sweet potato bowl with quinoa rice and egg
- Cooking pot*
- potato peeler*
For the turmeric sweet potatoes:
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- native olive oil*
- 1 – 2 tsp Turmeric*
- 2 clove of garlic
- 0,5 L vegetable broth
For the Lemon Herb Dressing:
- 100 G Brown rice
- 100 G red quinoa*
- poached egg, fried egg, scrambled egg at will
- baby spinach
- pistachios* or other nuts
For the turmeric sweet potato puree:
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat a good dash of olive oil in a wide saucepan and sauté the diced sweet potatoes briefly. Sprinkle in the turmeric and toss the potatoes with it.
- Add the garlic and pour in the vegetable broth (so that the potatoes are just covered). Simmer sweet potatoes until tender and liquid is almost gone.
- Pour off the remaining broth and puree the diced potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. With a sip of cream, the puree becomes creamier and the orange color is beautifully emphasized.
- Prepare rice and quinoa separately according to package directions. When both are cooked, mix them together.
- Wash and dry the rocket and baby spinach.
- Roughly chop the nuts.
- If you want eggs on the bowl, you can make your favorite.
- Peel, finely chop or grate the garlic.
- Wash the parsley, shake dry, pluck the stalks and chop coarsely.
- Now mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a blender or food processor. Season with salt to taste.
Arranging and serving:
- Toss the greens in the bowl and pour some of the dressing over them. Then a good portion of the puree and the rice and quinoa mixture next to it.
- Top with the prepared egg and pistachios or nuts. You can also put a little dressing over the sweet potatoes and brown rice.