This Aromatic Chinese Cabbage Pan is a healthy and quick meal that the whole family will love. This recipe is a perfect lunch or dinner meal as it’s so packed with flavor and nutrients. The best part is that it’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Chinese cabbage is a flavorful vegetable used in many Asian dishes. It has a sweet and sour flavor and a slight spiciness that many people love. Chinese cabbage is very nutritious and contains many vitamins and minerals that are good for health. In this blog post we would like to introduce you to a recipe for an aromatic Chinese cabbage pan. This dish is easy to prepare and tastes fantastic. We hope you enjoy it!
Why is Chinese cabbage a healthy choice?
Chinese cabbage is a healthy choice because it contains a large number of vitamins and minerals. These include vitamin C, beta-carotene, calcium, iron and folate. Chinese cabbage is also a good source of fiber, which is important for healthy digestion. Chinese cabbage is also rich in antioxidants that help prevent cancer and other diseases.
You can cook the Chinese cabbage in a variety of ways, bringing out the different flavors. It tastes tastiest when you eat it raw. To do this, cut the cabbage into fine strips and enjoy it as a snack in between meals. You can also fry the cabbage in a pan and add the different spices as you go. This is how you bring out the different flavors of the cabbage.
When you have cooked the cabbage, you can season it with various sauces and spices. You can also eat the cabbage raw, but you should cut it into small pieces beforehand.
You can enjoy the Chinese cabbage raw, serve it in a salad or as a side dish. You can also enjoy it cooked, for example in a soup or as part of a main course. Or they process the Chinese cabbage into a Korean kimchi. Kimchi is a Korean specialty made from a variety of ingredients such as Chinese cabbage, chili, ginger, garlic and radish.
You can find more recipes with Chinese cabbage here:
- Korean cabbage pancakes baechujeon
- Baked Chinese cabbage with oatmeal and cheese crust
- Kimchi pancake – Kimchijeon – 김치전 – with spelt
- Vegan Asian cabbage rolls
- Easy cabbage and bean soup
- Ginger kimchi – it’s that easy!
Chinese-Cabbage-Pan – A delicious and easy dish that comes on the table quickly
This is a really easy and quick Asian style Chinese cabbage stir-fry recipe. It’s vegan because it contains no meat or fish, Asian because it contains Chinese cabbage, and delicious because it’s delicious!
I love making this recipe because it’s so easy and quick. I boil the Chinese cabbage in some water, then I add the soy sauce, rice wine and spices. After mixing everything well, I just let it simmer until the Chinese cabbage is done.
This recipe is perfect for a quick meal that’s packed with flavor and nutrients. If you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely should!
Vegan, easy and quick Chinese cabbage pan
- cutting board*
- cooking spoon*
for the topping (optional):
- Sprout fresh herbs
- Pan toasted nuts and/or seeds
- fresh mint
- dried physalis
- Clean the Chinese cabbage, wash, drain well and then cut into strips one to two centimeters wide.
- Peel onion and garlic. Cut the onion into strips and roughly chop the garlic.
- Peel the carrot and cut into fine strips or thin slices. Wash the peppers, cut in half, deseed, remove white partitions and cut into small cubes or strips.
- Wash, deseed and finely chop the chili.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a high pan over medium heat and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the garlic, chili, carrots, peppers, and bok choy (the thick ribs first) and fry until lightly colored.
- Add the curry and cumin and roast briefly until fragrant.
- Pour in the broth and apple juice and cook the vegetables until al dente, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. A minute before the end, add the finer leaves of the Chinese cabbage to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. You can add a squeeze of lemon juice if you like.
- Wash the spring onions and cut into fine rings.
- Rinse the coriander, shake dry and roughly chop.
- Serve sprinkled with herbs and spring onions.
A delicious and easy Chinese-cabbage-pan
That’s it! You now have a delicious Chinese cabbage stir-fry that’s perfect for a quick meal. Enjoy your meal!