Asparagus is actually a completely normal vegetable and yet somehow it always comes into focus. Whether asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, asparagus cream soup or simply asparagus in puff pastry – it is simply delicious and can be prepared in a variety of ways. In this blog post we would like to present a very special recipe, namely vegan asparagus boats in puff pastry. As the name suggests, the asparagus boats are vegan and therefore also suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Surprise your guests with vegan asparagus in puff pastry!
Would you like to offer your guests something special and are you looking for a delicious and unusual recipe? Then you are exactly right here! Surprise your guests with these asparagus boats with vegan cheese baked in puff pastry. This recipe is not only delicious, but also very easy to prepare. Green asparagus in puff pastry can also be a perfect main course for a vegetarian or vegan menu.
The dough is crispy and crunchy, while the asparagus is juicy and tasty. This is a great combination that you are sure to love. So the next time you buy asparagus, remember to wrap it in puff pastry and serve it as finger food at your next party.
Surprise your guests with this easy and quick recipe and enjoy a convivial meal with friends or family!
Quick and easy: Vegan asparagus boats in puff pastry
Vegan asparagus boats in puff pastry are a quick and easy way to put asparagus on the table. This recipe is a vegan version of the classic asparagus dish, making it perfect for anyone following a meatless diet.
The asparagus boats are baked in puff pastry and are therefore also suitable for children who might otherwise not eat asparagus. This dish is a healthy and tasty alternative to conventional asparagus dishes and is therefore also suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Tips: Here are some tips on how to make the asparagus boats even better.
Here are some tips on how to make this dish even better:
- Use fresh asparagus. This is one of the most important factors in conjuring up a good dish. Fresh asparagus simply tastes better and has more nutrients.
- Choose green asparagus. You can bake it in the oven without cooking first.
- Cut the woody ends off the asparagus and peel the bottom third if necessary. The right preparation is crucial to conjuring up the perfect asparagus ship.
- I have had the best experiences with puff pastry from the refrigerated section (frozen puff pastry always rises too much for me and then looks like a burst sofa cushion :/ ).
- Pay attention to the ingredients list when looking for vegan puff pastry.
- You can also put the prepared puff pastry boats in the fridge half an hour before baking. This way it will be nice and cool and then more crispy.
- When it comes to vegan cheese, I prefer vegan burger cheese because it doesn’t get too liquid and then runs out of the puff pastry.
if you like our asparagus in puff pastry, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan pasta salad with spring asparagus
- Pizza di pasta sfoglia – torta salata on puff pastry
- vegan TexMex pasta salad
- Fattoush salad with pita chips
- Korean cabbage pancakes “Baechujeon”
- Ayurveda bowl with radish pickles and tahini miso drizzle
Asparagus is a very popular vegetable and is used in many different dishes. But asparagus can also be easily and deliciously prepared as a snack. In this blog post we will show you how you can quickly and easily prepare vegan asparagus boats in puff pastry. This dish is not only delicious, but also healthy and a good alternative to conventional snacks. So, what are you waiting for? Here we go!
Vegan asparagus boats baked in puff pastry
- potato peeler*
- dough cutter*
- pastry brush*
- baking tray*
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash the asparagus, cut off the woody ends and, if necessary, peel the lower third with the vegetable peeler.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into squares of roughly the same size using a rolling pin or knife. Depending on the size of your puff pastry, you will get up to 8 squares.
- Spread about a teaspoon of vegan cream cheese on each piece of puff pastry. Then place a slice of vegan burger cheese and depending on the thickness of your asparagus 2 to 4 asparagus spears on top.
- Brush the asparagus with olive oil, season with sea salt and some fresh thyme (optional).
- Fold the corners over the asparagus and press carefully. When you have all the boats ready, place them on your prepared baking sheet with some space in between.
- If your puff pastry has become too soft (warm), place the covered tray back in the fridge for half an hour. (Remember the oven is still on, maybe turn it off again)
- Just before baking, mix the olive oil with the plant drink and brush the pieces with it so that they get a nice color.
- Bake in a hot oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm!
Pin this recipe for “Asparagus boats in puff pastry” on Pinterest and cook later
Try vegan asparagus boats in puff pastry! This dish is not only vegetarian but also vegan. It’s quick and easy to prepare and tastes great. So, what are you waiting for? Try it!