We love burritos! And we love avocados! That’s why we’re combining both today into a vegan burrito bowl with avocado cream. The bowl is quick and easy to prepare and tastes wonderful.
What is a vegan burrito bowl?
A vegan burrito bowl is a healthy and delicious alternative to a traditional burrito. It’s packed with healthy ingredients like spicy bean salsa, roasted cauliflower, colorful peppers, avocado cream, and lemon cilantro rice. This bowl is perfect for a quick and easy meal. You can easily make them yourself at home before ordering them at a Mexican restaurant.
Suitable for both vegans and non-vegans, this dish is a great alternative to a traditional burrito where you won’t miss the meat. They are also high in fiber, protein and vitamins. Vegan burrito bowls are a great choice for people on a healthy diet as they contain no meat, dairy, or eggs.
The benefits of a vegan burrito bowl
You may be wondering what a vegan burrito bowl is and why you should try it. Well, I’m here to tell you that a vegan burrito bowl is just a burrito that has all animal products removed. That means there is no meat, no cheese, no eggs and no milk. Beans, rice, corn, salsa, and guacamole are commonly used instead.
But why should you try? Well, there are some benefits that you might not have expected. For one, it’s healthier for you because it doesn’t contain any animal products. Second, it’s cheaper because you don’t have to buy expensive meat. And finally, it’s better for the environment.
Flavor: Vegan burrito bowls are packed with flavor! You can prepare them the way you want with the ingredients you prefer. There are so many different ways to make a burrito bowl that you’ll never get bored.
Ingredients for the burrito bowl
You can assemble a vegan burrito bowl with the following ingredients: rice, black beans, corn, peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, fresh romaine lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, and your choice of salsa. For the sauce, I recommend an enchilada sauce or salsa verde. to serve, of course fresh coriander or parsley, for the coriander haters ;).
There are no limits to your sense of combination!
If our vegan burrito bowl appeals to you, you might also be interested in these bowl recipes:
- Sweet potato bowl with mango tahin sauce
- Dumpling bowl with almond miso sauce, naturally vegan
- Soba noodle bowl with Asian flavors
- Veggie Udon Vegetable Bowl
- Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bowl
- more bowl recipes…
We love burrito bowls! They are so delicious and so easy to make. In this recipe we show you how to prepare a vegan burrito bowl. There is also a delicious avocado cream. Try it!
vegan burrito bowl with avocado cream
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 G vegan sour cream*
- kosher salt*
- juice of a lime
- small Bunch of coriander
- Pimientos de Patron
- mini lemons
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Rinse the cauliflower and break into bite-sized florets.
- Peel onions and cut into rough wedges.
- Halve the red and green peppers, remove the seeds, remove the separating membrane and cut into large pieces or strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower, onion, and peppers with the taco seasoning, olive oil, and lime juice. Then spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the middle rack of your oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and has crispy edges.
While the vegetables are roasting:
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Drain the beans through a sieve and rinse well.
- In a small saucepan or skillet, heat the beans and salsa over medium-high heat and cook until just warmed through, 5 minutes.
- Rinse the coriander, shake dry and roughly chop about half. Mix the chopped coriander with the lime juice into the lukewarm rice. Season with salt. Set aside the remaining cilantro for garnish.
- For the avocado cream, peel the avocado, remove the stone and mash in a bowl with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir smooth.
Arranging and serving:
- Wash the lettuce, spin dry and roughly chop.
- Divide the lettuce and coriander rice into bowls.
- Serve the roasted taco veggies on the rice with bean salsa and avocado cream. Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Pin this vegan Mexican burrito bowl salad recipe on Pinterest to cook later
We all know that eating less meat is better. But did you know that consuming animal products like milk and eggs also has a negative impact on our environment? The production of animal products is very resource-intensive and causes enormous amounts of greenhouse gases. To avoid this, you can switch to vegan alternatives. So try our vegan burrito bowl, it’s not only delicious, but also good for our environment.