As a vegan, you don’t have to do without delicious schnitzel! With this simple recipe for vegan celery schnitzels on creamed leeks, you can prepare a hearty and tasty dish that will delight vegans and meat lovers alike. The delicate inner structure of celery and the crispy breading give the schnitzel a wonderful texture, while the creamy leek as a side dish creates a delicious contrast. Here you can find out how to prepare this delicious dish in just a few steps.
What is so special about a celery schnitzel?
The special thing about a vegan celery schnitzel is that it is a creative and delicious alternative to traditional schnitzel dishes, which usually contain meat. Instead of animal products, tender celery is used here, which is coated with a crunchy breading to achieve a similar texture and bite as with classic meat schnitzel. Celery schnitzels are therefore an excellent option for anyone who eats a plant-based diet or is looking for new and innovative recipe ideas.
Another benefit of celery shreds is that celery is rich in nutrients. It contains vitamins, minerals and fiber that can support a healthy diet. Celery is also low in calories and fat, making it an ideal choice for a healthy and balanced diet.
The celery schnitzel on creamed leek is also special because it offers a perfect combination of flavors and textures. The crispy breading of the celery schnitzel harmonises wonderfully with the creamy leek, which makes a delicious side dish with its mild leek taste and creamy consistency. The combination of hearty celery schnitzel and aromatic creamed leek makes for a tasty and enjoyable dish that appeals to all the senses.
In addition to the taste benefits, a vegan celery schnitzel also has the advantage of being more environmentally friendly than meat schnitzel. The plant-based alternative saves water, land and resources compared to meat production and can therefore make a positive contribution to sustainability and environmental protection.
All in all, a vegan celery schnitzel is a special and versatile alternative to classic schnitzel dishes that not only tastes good, but is also health-conscious and environmentally friendly.
Hearty and plant-based: Vegan celery schnitzel with creamy leek
All in all, the recipe for vegan celery schnitzel on creamed leeks offers a delicious and creative alternative to conventional schnitzel dishes. With tender celery, crispy breading and creamy leek, a tasty and enjoyable dish is conjured up that will delight both vegans and non-vegans. The combination of flavors and textures makes this dish a highlight on the plate.
So try this delicious recipe for vegan celery schnitzel on creamed leeks and let its taste and versatility convince you! Whether as a main course for special occasions or as comfort food for cozy evenings at home – this dish is sure to delight all guests. Bon appetit!
If you like celery, here are more recipes with celery or leek:
- Easy & Vegan Celery Salad
- creamy celery puree with oven beets
- Refreshing winter recipe idea: seasonal quinoa winter salad
- Lukewarm lentil salad on baked leek
Vegan celery schnitzel on creamed leek – a hearty treat
for the celery schnitzel you brew:
- 1 celeriac approx. 1kg
- kosher salt*
- vegetable oil for frying
for the vegan schnitzel breading:
for the vegan creamed leek:
- small Bunch of parsley or leeks
Prepare celery shavings:
- Clean and peel the celeriac and cut into slices about 1 cm thick.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil and cook the celery slices until al dente, 5 to 8 minutes. Take out and set aside. Drain good.
Prepare schnitzel breading:
- In a bowl, whisk together the wheat flour with, for example, almond milk, mustard, paprika powder, salt and pepper. Pour into a deep plate.
- Put the breadcrumbs in a second deep plate.
- Clean the leek, cut into pieces 1 to 2 cm thick. Then wash well and drain.
- Melt the vegan butter in a deep pan over medium heat.
- Now sauté the leek for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Dust the leek with the flour and fry briefly. Now pour in the vegetable stock and vegan cream. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for about 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and enjoy!
Fry celery schnitzel:
- In another pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Dip the celery slices in the flour mixture and then in the breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs well.
- Fry the celery schnitzel until golden brown on both sides. Takes about 4 minutes per side.
- Line a flat plate with paper towels and drain the fried celery shavings on it.
- Remove the vegetable cutlets from the pan and place on the prepared plate.
Arrange and serve:
- Put the creamed leeks on a plate and place the celery shavings on top or next to it.
- If you like, you can sprinkle freshly chopped herbs on top.