There is nothing special or complicated about this vegan pasta salad with spring asparagus. It consists of a few simple ingredients and is for all those who would like to create a simple pasta salad without sacrificing taste and regionality. It’s a hearty vegan pasta salad that’s perfect for a healthy lunch, dinner, between-meal snack or office meal. A salad that is good for parties and spring barbecues.
Pasta and asparagus salad ingredients
Noodles: I used plain spelled croissants because they were just about over. But just about any shorter variety of pasta or whole wheat pasta will work. So if you have farfalle, penne rigate, maccheroni, fusilli or whatever short pasta you can find in the cupboard, make a delicious pasta salad out of it.
Green Asparagus: Fresh asparagus is a must. Don’t use anything that’s in a can or glass because that won’t go well.
Sun- Dried Tomatoes: To bring more freshness to this salad, you could substitute half of the sun-dried tomatoes with fresh cherry tomatoes. If you’re not a fan of tomatoes, grab a red pepper with its sweet, fresh aroma.
Red onions: Red onions are a bit milder, but you can also try shallots or spring onions with an even milder taste.
Herbs: Fresh chopped parsley is recommended.
Dressing: The dressing for the pasta salad is based on fresh lemon juice, garlic and sweet mustard. You can also use Dijon grain mustard if you like.
Shelf life and storage of pasta salad
Make the pasta salad as directed in the recipe and refrigerate until ready to serve. This pasta salad with fresh asparagus can be kept covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If the pasta has absorbed too much moisture during storage, squeeze a little more lemon over the pasta salad before serving.
if you like our pasta salad with asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan streetcorn pasta salad
- vegan mediterranean chickpea salad
- vegan TexMex pasta salad
- Macaroni pasta salad vegan
- Kritharaki noodle salad with refreshing lemon dressing
- Ayurveda bowl with radish pickles and tahini miso drizzle
vegan pasta salad made from fresh green spring asparagus
for the salad:
- 300 G short pasta Croissants, Farfalle, Penne …
- 500 G green asparagus
- 2 tbsp. native olive oil*
- 100 G Sun-dried tomatoes*
- ½ Red onion
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Put aside.
- Cut off the woody ends of the asparagus and, if necessary, peel the lower third with the vegetable peeler. Cut the asparagus into pieces about 2 to 3 cm long.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss and cook the asparagus. Set aside and let cool.
- Cut sun-dried tomatoes into strips.
- Peel the red onion and cut into thin strips.
- Rinse the parsley, pluck the leaves from the stalks and chop coarsely.
- For the dressing, beat all the ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the pasta, asparagus, sundried tomatoes, red onions and parsley in a bowl. Pour dressing over and stir gently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.