A stay in the cold season can not only be depressing, but also ugly for your skin. Even if the winter diseases are cured at best by staying in a warm house, there are still some habits today that can strengthen your immune system and make your skin beautiful. One of them is healthy eating – a diet that is high in fiber, vegetables, and fruits. Add the occasional warm-up meal of a healthy stew to your diet – it’s good for your skin and your teeth. Our vegan potato and leek soup is cooked in a light garlic and herb broth and is just the right comfort food for these days. As a topping, we prefer sourdough croutons with a pinch of herbs de Provence or some coarsely grated Parmesan cheese if it is not vegan. So cozy and delicious!
Potato Leek Soup combines several popular, healthy factors in one large bowl. It’s vegan, nutritionally optimized, nutritious and easy to prepare. Our vegan potato and leek soup is an enrichment for vegetarians, vegans and anyone who wants to eat healthily. Scroll a little further and you can now cook this amazing soup.
Possible toppings for our Vegan potato leek soup recipe:
Homemade sourdough croutons with herbs de Provence and olive oil, roasted in a pan until crispy.
Grated parmesan if you don’t want the stew to be vegan. Also for cooking, let the rind of a Parmesan piece cook in the broth.
Herbs always work! For example: chives in rolls, chopped parsley, chervil or spring onions cut into fine rings.
Let our new meatless and cheeseless potato and leek soup arise. Potatoes are exceptionally good for you, so give this soup to your kids when they get cravings again. Leeks are good for your body and great for your taste – the fresh onions add a special flavor to the soup. Are you looking for the perfect soup for your health – cook with fresh ingredients from your kitchen.
If you like our vegan potato leek soup, then these recipes might inspire you:
- Vegan lentil soup with curry and chutney
- Caramelized fennel with sweet onions
- Chickpea Zucchini Curry
- African Berbere plantain stew
- spicy vegan beetroot carrot curry
- more soup and stew recipes…
Vegan potato leek soup
- soup pot*
- potato peeler*
- cutting board*
- homemade sourdough croutons with herbs de Provence
- grated parmesan if not vegan
- small bunch of chives in rolls
- small bunch parsley chopped
- spring onions in fine rings
- Peel and dice the onion. Also chop the garlic, just finer.
- Halve the leek lengthways and then cut into half rings about 1 cm wide. Then wash well and drain.
- Wash the celery, remove the threads and cut into thin slices.
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite-sized cubes.
Cook a soup:
- Heat the olive oil in a large enough saucepan over medium-high heat. First add the onion and sauté for about 5 minutes until translucent. Add the leeks, celery and garlic and sauté for a further 3 minutes , stirring frequently.
- Add the potatoes and pour the broth over the white wine. Stir well once to loosen any vegetables sticking to the bottom.
- Add thyme, bay leaves, cayenne pepper and bring soup to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Fish the bay leaves and thyme sprigs out of the soup and discard.
- Season the soup with salt and black pepper.
- Serve hot, enjoy garnished with croutons and herbs!