Our vegan sushi flavor salad is so named because we use all the wonderful flavors that you know from the ingredients of sushi rolls. It is a wonderfully aromatic accompaniment to Asian soups and other Far Eastern dishes. This Asian salad is also a perfect addition to your lunch box. To do this, simply leave the dressing separate from the salad until you are ready to eat it.
You can easily layer this delicious salad in a mason jar. Just start with the dressing and pour it to the bottom of the glass. Then add the cucumbers and carrots. Add the rest of the ingredients and leave the herbs until the end. The cucumbers and carrots are crunchy enough to pack into the dressing without getting too soggy and soft in the process. The herbs and rice are the most vulnerable, so pack these over the dressing or sauce. Either way, this salad will delight you and help you get through the day and have a productive afternoon.
Sushi without rolls
This salad has everything you need for lunch. You get fiber, antioxidants, and phytonutrients from vegetables. Even more fiber and healthy carbohydrates if you use brown rice instead of white rice. Vegetable protein and healthy fats, for example from avocados. Vegan Sushi Flavor Salad is hearty and filling, leaving you set for your next meal.
You also get the delicious flavors of a sushi roll without much effort and special dexterity when rolling sushi. Seriously, this is one of the easiest meals you’ll ever make, especially if you use leftover pre-cooked or frozen brown rice like I sometimes do.
You can also serve the salad separately from the nori and scoop it up in Asian seaweed snacks (or chopped nori sheets). I like to put the lettuce on top of the seaweed and then enjoy it like sushi nacho.
if you like our Japanese Vegan Sushi Flavor Salad, you may also be excited about these recipes:
- Udon Noodle Soup
- Teriyaki Baked Japanese Eggplant
- Japanese soup with vegan dashi
- Potato salad with coriander pesto
- vegan tomato and bean salad with fresh peach
- more salad recipes…
Japanese Vegan Sushi Flavor Salad
- 250 G basmati rice* White
- 2 carrots
- ½ cucumber
- 1 pc nori sheets*
- 1 avocado
- 1 fresh ginger* walnut size
- 1 tsp white sesame*
- 1 tbsp. Mirin*
- 1 tbsp. light soy sauce*
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp Sesame oil*
- ½ tsp wasabi paste*
- fresh sprouts & coriander
- Cook the rice according to package directions and then let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut carrots, cucumber and nori sheets into julienne.
- Cut the avocado into thin slices.
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a hot pan without adding fat.
- Peel and finely grate the ginger.
- For the dressing, combine the grated ginger, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, and wasabi paste.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice and slivers of carrot, cucumber, avocado with the sprouts.
- Drizzle with sushi dressing and serve sprinkled with nori strips and sesame seeds.