Our Vegan Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad is a filling yet refreshing salad with a wide variety of textures and flavors. Packed with healthy nutrients in delicious ingredients. We’ve got roasted flavors of caramelized sweet potatoes, nutty quinoa and creamy avocado making for an incredibly delicious salad. Everything is served with fresh, raw spinach, which is a real power vegetable with lots of iron and vitamin C.
Quinoa or delicious Inca superfood
Quinoa is a great source of plant-based protein that helps transform even the simplest garden salad into a filling meal. For example, there are about 360 calories and 14% protein in 100 grams of cooked quinoa, and unlike some plant-based proteins, quinoa is a complete protein. What does that mean? That means quinoa contains all nine essential amino acids that our bodies cannot produce on their own. Amino acids are important building blocks for our muscle tissue and important for the strengthening and stability of the connective tissue.
The lemon dressing
The dressing, which we will use for this sweet potato quinoa salad, is spicy, fresh and, thanks to the dried herbs, nice and spicy. We use grainy Dijon mustard to bind it, and lime or lemon juice to keep it fresh. This is joined by dried oregano and basil. All ingredients are beaten with white wine vinegar and olive oil. This dressing recipe is a good example of how you can easily improve fresh salads or grilled vegetables. So ditch store-bought ready-made dressings and make a slightly larger batch so you always have fresh dressing on hand.
if you like our vegan sweet potato quinoa salad, you might also be interested in these dishes:
- vegan sushi flavored salad
- simple Korean spinach salad
- Vegan power salad made from quinoa
- Cauliflower Kale Salad with Turmeric Dressing
- Quinoa and barley salad with sweet dates
- Fall salad with quinoa and seasonal vegetables
You should always prepare this salad fresh and only mix it together just before serving. Always cut open and add the avocado last so that it retains its fresh green colour.
vegan sweet potato quinoa salad recipe
for the salad:
Prepare salad ingredients:
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, rinse and cut into 1×1 cm cubes. In a bowl, mix some salt, pepper and smoked paprika with the olive oil. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes. Be careful not to let the diced potatoes get too soft.
- Let the potatoes cool down.
- Place the quinoa in a sieve and rinse under running water. Bring the quinoa to a boil with twice the amount of water. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. When the quinoa has absorbed the water, remove the pot from the stove and let the quinoa soak for another 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork and let cool.
- Wash the spinach carefully in cold water and then drain well in a colander.
- For the dressing, peel and finely chop the garlic. Then mix with all other ingredients in a screw-top jar.
- Roughly chop the spinach and place in a bowl. Gently mix in the cooled quinoa.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes and dried cherries. Finally, halve the avocado, deseed, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Fold the avocado into the salad along with the dressing. (Maybe not pour all the dressing over it right away)