Creamy and vegan TexMex noodle salad
Vegan TexMex Pasta Salad – Mexican pasta salad with avocado, tomato, black beans, corn, cilantro and a zesty – creamy chipotle dressing sauce.
We thought we’d squeeze in one more salad recipe before saying goodbye to summer. This cold pasta salad is unlike any you’ve had before. Since it’s a TexMex salad, you know. Loaded with loads of flavors and textures from black beans, corn, tomatoes, onions, avocado and of course pasta.
The real star of this whole salad is the creamy chipolte sauce. We use a vegan soy yoghurt as a base to brighten the dish and keep it healthy. Add chipolte in adobo sauce, to your liking, to spice things up.
Fill a small or large bowl, you can store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours or chill it beforehand. To prevent the avocado from discolouring, cover the pasta salad tightly with cling film.
This pasta salad is easy to make with ingredients that are easy to obtain and flexible. So you can use their summer veggies, or you can adapt to the fall and winter season. Plus, you’ll work in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Use a variety of colors and textures. Vegetables add crunch and color, add olives for saltiness and crackling tortilla chips make the salad extra special. Add even more flavor with fresh herbs, pickles, or spicy peppers like sliced pepperoncini peppers.
If you like our Vegan TexMex Noodle Salad, you might also be interested in these recipes:
- Fruity summer salad with mango and avocado
- vegan tomato and bean salad
- quick Mediterranean white bean salad
- Moroccan Black Lentil Salad
- Hasselback beetroot with cilantro pesto
- more salad recipes
vegan Tex-Mex pasta salad with creamy chipotle dressing
for the Tex-Mex pasta salad:
- 350 G pasta your favorite pasta
- 400 G black beans* alternatively kidney beans
- 250 G cherry tomatoes
- 1 Red pepper
- 3 spring onions
- small Bunch of coriander or parsley for the cilantro haters
- 2 corn on the cob pre-cooked or canned corn
- 1-2 avocado
- 2 el native olive oil*
for the chipotle dressing:
for the topping (optional):
- vegan cheese* or Cotija if not vegan
- tortilla chips
- For the pasta salad, cook the pasta of your choice until al dente according to the package instructions. After cooking, pour into a colander and cool under cold running water. Mix them with a tablespoon of olive oil to keep them from sticking together. Put aside.
- Fry the corn cobs in hot olive oil until they have colored all over. Let cool and cut off the cob. (Simply fry canned corn with a little less oil until golden brown and let cool on paper towels.)
- Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Quarter large specimens.
- Drain the beans in a colander and rinse. Drain well.
- Wash, halve and deseed the peppers and remove the white partitions. Cut the peppers into small cubes or strips.
- Wash the spring onions and cut into fine rings.
- Wash the coriander (or parsley), shake dry and roughly chop.
- Halve the avocado, deseed, peel off the peel and roughly dice.
- Gently mix all the salad ingredients together.
- Finely chop chipotle in adobo sauce, then mix in a bowl with all other ingredients.
- Season with salt.
Finishing and dressing:
- Serve the pasta salad in a bowl or in portions on plates. Serve with the dressing and lime wedges.
- Optionally you can spread tortilla chips and/or vegan cheese on top.