This amazing Wakame glass noodle salad with avocado and tahini dressing is a perfect dish for a quick and easy meal. It’s healthy, tasty and packed with nutrients. Best of all, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes. The tahini dressing gives the salad a delicious sweet and sour note, while the avocado makes it creamy and rich. This salad is perfect for a healthy and balanced meal.
Looking for the perfect dish for a summer meal?
You won’t believe it, but the perfect combination of wakame glass noodle salad with avocado and tahini dressing is actually possible! These three ingredients go together perfectly and simply taste heavenly.
Wakame glass noodle salad is a Japanese specialty made with glass noodles, seaweed and a variety of vegetables. This salad is rich in nutrients and very tasty. Avocado is a perfect addition to this salad as it has a creamy texture and wonderful aroma. Tahini dressing is a perfect choice for this salad as it’s highly nutritious and complements the flavors of the other ingredients perfectly.
The glass noodles are high in fiber and nutrients, and the avocado provides healthy fats and protein. The tahini dressing is not only delicious, but also very nutritious. So this dish is perfect for a healthy and balanced meal.
What is wakame?
You may know wakame from sushi and maki rolls, but did you know that wakame is actually seaweed? Wakame (Undaria pinnatifida) is a species of brown seaweed that grows in the coastal waters of East Asia. It is one of the most widely grown and consumed seaweeds in the world and is eaten as a food in many Asian countries including Japan, China and Korea. Wakame has a mild, sweet taste and a soft, meaty texture.
Rich in nutrients, wakame contains high amounts of calcium, iodine and iron. It has been traditionally used in Asian countries for centuries to strengthen health and prevent disease.
Wakame is a healthy and delicious ingredient in many Asian dishes. You can use wakame in many different recipes. The best known is probably the Japanese seaweed salad “Wakame Goma” , which we mix with the noodles in this recipe. You can buy it from an Asian store or you can easily make it yourself. Why not try something new and use wakame in your next dish?
If our Wakame Glass Noodle Salad with Avocado and Tahini Dressing appeals to you, you may also be interested in these bowl recipes:
- Make your own Japanese seaweed salad
- Sweet potato bowl with mango tahin sauce
- Oven Cauliflower with Tahini Drizzle vegan
- Soba noodle bowl with Asian flavors
- Veggie Udon Vegetable Bowl
- Spicy Peanut Cauliflower Bowl
- more bowl recipes…
Wakame glass noodle salad with tahini dressing
- Vegetable slicer*
- Cook the glass noodles according to the instructions on the packet, drain and cool under cold water. Drain well and mix with the seaweed salad . Put aside.
- Peel the carrots and cut into fine julienne.
- Cut the red cabbage into fine strips with a sharp knife or mandoline.
- Cook the soybeans in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes, then cool under cold running water. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and sauté in coconut oil until lightly browned.
- Wash and halve the tomatoes.
Prepare Tahini Dressing:
- Peel and finely chop or grate the garlic.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the tahini dressing in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Arranging and serving:
- Mix the red cabbage with the carrots and divide into bowls as a base for the salad.
- Arrange the glass noodles on top, as well as half a sliced avocado and the prepared vegetables.
- Drizzle the dressing over it.
- Pluck the coriander and mint from the stalks and sprinkle over the sweet salad.
- Serve with lime wedges.